Learning and Development Manager at Glu Mobile (EA Mobile) (San Francisco, CA)
| San Francisco
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:01 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, December 21, 2019
As the Learning & Development Manager you will be responsible for building and scaling creative and robust learning and development programs for employees across Glu. You will work closely with our leaders and People Business Partners to design and develop learning solutions from onboarding and manager training to individual contributor development. We also have a culture that highly values a Learner Mindset - you will champion this and enable our team members to realize this potential.
In This Role You Will
- Be passionate about helping people learn and grow. You will help our employees advance their skills and knowledge
- Execute on the learning curriculum for people managers and diversity & inclusion initiatives; ensure it scales and continues to meet the needs of our evolving population
- Design, develop and deliver learning programs/presentations/communications using a variety of solutions, such as e-learning, instructor-led training, job aids, and performance support resources for all contributors that align with our core values
- Work cross functionally and with PBPs to ensure we have a world class onboarding program for all new hires, including people managers
- Identify strong external vendors in the marketplace, establishes relationships, and deploys them as needed to drive learning
- Event-manage the courses and events themselves. This will involve quality, care and adherence to culture and brand in every element of the programs.
- Ability to conduct skills need assessments and analyze learning needs
- You will continuously evolve the learning program as we scale
- Provide outstanding program management support, including, keeping partners appropriately engaged and up-to-date; actively resolving project, design, or resource issues; collaborating with cross-functional partners
- Partner on all learning-related operations, including vendor management, project budgeting, planning, logistics management, and communication
- Act as first level of program support for key partners and employee questions related to philosophy, guidance, data and policy
- Nice to Have: Training will also include diversity, inclusion, belonging
And your skills and experience include:
- 2-5 + years in corporate learning and development, instructional design and facilitation or related experience
- You should have intellectual curiosity with a growth mindset with the desire to constantly improve
- You need to be an excellent communicator (verbal & written), confident, engaging and approachable with strong interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment is critical and handle multiple projects at once. The ability to be adaptable, collaborative, flexible and dependable is a must. You will play a strategic role but also need to roll up your sleeves until additional resources become available.
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch are imperative; sense of urgency and can do attitude with a focus on continuous improvement while managing multiple priorities and tasks.
- Strong organizational, project management and follow-up skills
- Strong business insight and judgement, team orientation, and collaborative style
- Ability to maturely balance sensitive and confidential information
- Creative thinker with a good eye for design and presentation. Must also be creative with resources.
- Fresh perspective: You are different; you have the ability to meld the best practices from the past with a fresh perspective on how we can do things not only differently and better than the past but also sets us apart from other companies.
- Culture add: You are building and protecting Glu’s culture worldwide, so you must be an extremely strong ambassador of our culture which extends across oceans
- Must be able to travel from time to time to different Glu locations in the US, Canada, & India
- Nice to Have: A strong point of view around diversity, equity and inclusion; proven record of integrating across broader learning curriculum
Read Full Job Description