At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.About The Role
Reporting into the Senior Director, HR Operations, the Sr. Compensation Partner will implement and influence pay, equity, and recognition/reward strategies that drive performance, and retain and attract talent. This person will play an integral role within the People Operations team by partnering with our executive team and the People Team business partners to identify the best total pay solutions and options that will continue to drive excitement and excellence among existing and future Segment employees.
This position is open to candidates in San Francisco, CA (Corporate HQ), or Remote U.S.
- Create, implement and evolve incentive programs aligned with supporting core values and driving performance, including appropriate cash and equity compensation.
- Lead annual compensation analyses and provide recommendations that allow Segment to remain competitive.
- Advise business leaders on compensation philosophies and practices.
- Solve compensation-related issues in leveling, new hire offers, and internal transfers.
- Develop decision support models and conduct statistical analyses to solve specific and complex compensation issues
- Provide direction around compensation in a highly competitive and constantly changing environment
- Manage and stay aligned with external legal/regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Perform periodic audits to ensure fair and consistent compensation practices.
- Manage communication of the core program as it relates to focal, bonus, and other pay-related initiatives.
- Manage survey submissions.
- Create and maintain compensation infrastructure (e.g., job codes, job families, integrity of system of record).
- Manage equity analysis and recommendations for stock refresh.
- CCP a Plus
- Are enthusiastic about interpreting quantitative and qualitative information with the ability to present complex data in a user-friendly format that conveys research and findings
- Enjoy blending strategic and hands-on expertise with broad-based compensation and equity initiatives and programs.
- Are organized, diligent and take great pride in your proactive approach with a self-starter mentality and a strong work ethic
- Are excited to be part of a collaborative People team, with the opportunity to leverage your analytical and quantitative skills to help evolve compensation.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented
- 5-8 years experience in Compensation
- Experience creating compensation structures from the ground up.
- Experience designing incentive programs
- Expertise in job analysis and job evaluation principles, methods, procedures and techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Finance or related field or equivalent experience
- A proven track record in excelling in a fast-paced environment with changing business needs while remaining creative and innovative
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and tailor key messages and presentation style to various audiences
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Segment, we live by four values: karma, drive, tribe, and focus. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody these values. To learn more about life at Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our LinkedIn page. We’re excited to meet you!