Senior Human Resources Business Partner at Unity
Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity
As a Senior HRBP, you will be a trusted partner to the business, specifically our Engineering organization. You will drive efforts and initiatives in aligning strategic objectives with employees and management!
Unity is fast growing, and the Operate Solutions organization will lean on your partnership, expertise and strategic direction in driving people & operational plans for them. In your day to day work, your key internal partners are typically across Finance, Recruiting and our HR COEs (People Operations, Talent & Development, Compensation, Diversity & Inclusion).
Our HR team provides proactive solutions for a broad scope of business activities, from employee relations, performance management, and compliance to compensation and benefits. You will support our company’s rapid growth globally. Reporting to a Director of HR business partnerships, the ideal candidate has a sound understanding of what it means to support a rapidly growing global organization. You will use your real time problem-solving skills to succeed in an environment that is entrepreneurial and oriented to achieving great things.
You will ensure alignment on initiatives and priorities, maintain open and transparent lines of communication with your peers, leadership and the business, and keep our employees and teams thriving and well supported.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and implement HR strategies - offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people related strategy and execution
- Provide insights to guide decision making and offer proactive solutions. Provide expertise and mentor managers and leaders on appropriate people management best practices, i.e. org design, performance management, rewards & recognition, and retention strategies etc
- Build and maintain employee morale and positive team environment for the organization you support as well as develop an high-functioning org
- Be the glue that brings all relevant information from multiple partners to help inspire change and translate to the best success
- Develop a positive relationship with all relevant external partners such as finance and recruiting to ensure all budgets and headcount are performed towards plan
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. MBA or MA in HR-related field is preferred
- Experience in a strategic HR role, working directly with senior level management, preferably having supported an engineering organization before
- Exercise judgment with sensitive/ confidential issues - strong mentor, conflict resolution, relationship and team building skills, and a proven track record to influence others
- Thrives in the grey where problems are not clearly defined and not all processes are fully built out - can dig into the weeds as needed to guide to excellence. Ability to work autonomously and work with a remote manager
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a variety of communication settings
You might also have
- Passionate about the employee and manager experience—it’s always top of mind for you. We solve for their experience, not ours
- With an appetite to try new and creative approaches. We don’t want traditional solutions unless they happen to be the best ones. You know all the latest solutions and have a point of view on their value
- Project Management Experience
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.