Accounting Intern at Doximity
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors save time so they can provide better care for patients.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build the future of healthcare. We are seeking a summer intern to assist our finance team. As a member of this team, you are familiar with accounting principles and may have had some prior experience working in a finance or accounting position. Either way, you are looking to use and build upon your existing knowledge.
You will assist with efficiency improvements, software implementations, and ad-hoc projects. You anticipate the needs of your team members and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise.
You are a highly motivated and detail-oriented problem solver with a willingness to put in the time to get things done quickly and accurately. You are a team player at heart, possessing both the technical and communication skills needed to perform your responsibilities and interact with a variety of people and job functions.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Various efficiency improvements (work with team to evaluate systems and processes for potential improvements.)
- Software implementations (process flow documentation, data migration assistance)
- Maintaining and updating internal documentation for policies, procedures and control
- Assistance with preparation for the yearly audit
- Contribute to other accounting projects/areas as necessary
What we’re looking for:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance
- General ledger experience, recent ERP experience preferred
- Industry accounting experience a plus
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to multitask, work independently and problem solve
- Knowledge of accounting principles and GAAP
- Proficient in Excel
- Work from home Wednesdays
- Free lunch, snacks and beverages
- Rooftop game room and deck with a beautiful view of SF skyline
- Social events including lunches and company competitions
- Hands-on, ongoing mentorship during internship term
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunities for you to make an impact—join us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.