Fivestars is seeking a Summer 2020 Accounting Intern (June-July) to join our Finance Team. We are seeking a motivated, confident, intellectually curious, and hardworking Accounting Intern. This role will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure invoices are timely and accurately recorded in Bill.com. You will be responsible for verification and payment of funds to employees, vendors, contractors, and other third parties. A successful candidate for this position will have excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work well. This is a remote, paid internship (30 hours/week).
Who you are
You’re currently pursuing a degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics or a related field and want to solve complex and interesting problems. You demonstrate a high level of curiosity and thirst for learning. You are a strong team player who wants to contribute to a product that impacts the lives of business owners and consumers alike.
What you’ll do
- Audit and enter invoices and credits on a daily basis
- Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices
- Maintain accurate vendor files and W-9’s
- Resolve any vendor inquiries or invoicing issues as well as any exceptions that arise
- Monthly reconciliation of corporate credit cards
- Verify all receipts and approvals for expense reports in Abacus
- Perform administrative duties such as data entry
What we are looking for
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics required
- Preliminary understanding of accounting principles and accounting skills a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Excel (pivot tables; V lookups), PowerPoint and Word) and Bill.com
- High attention to detail and accuracy and strong analytical skills required
- Ability to work independently, maintain tight deadlines, solve problems quickly, creatively and proactively
- Remain flexible in a constantly changing environment with changing requirements
- Work ethic that exudes integrity, accountability, and professionalism
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing and payments program. Fivestars drives over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.