Category Management Intern (Summer 2021) at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Your goal as CPG Category Management Intern at Wish is to develop our growing 1st and 3rd party business, using data-driven analysis to bring optimal supply that delivers results, through understanding our Wish platform and the needs of our customers. The CPG Category Management Intern will then match this supply to demand through consumer segmentation, in-app and external marketing, and by implementing product features that will enable new ways to sell products (e.g. merchandise bundles, multi-item orders with item/shipping discounts, subscription plans).
A successful CPG Category Management Intern will be able to effectively identify growth opportunities and work with external partners and internal stakeholders to remove barriers and find solutions to grow.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Wish and e-commerce growth at scale, has a strong innate curiosity, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Build & grow key CPG brands, via 1st and 3rd party relationships in U
- Evaluate costs/benefits of various CPG supply sources and develop overall P&L model
- Process 1st-party purchase orders, catalogue creation & shipping plans, in timely manner
- Evaluate supplier quotes and key benchmarks
- Proactively manage technical and operational hurdles in new merchant on-boarding
- Develop product/feature requirements to grow CPG category (e.g. merchandise bundles, multi-item orders with item/shipping discounts, subscription plans)
- Effectively communicate & collaborate with relevant internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate analytical thinking and leverage data to drive decision making
- Minimum 3 years' job experience (CPG experience essential); exceptional recent college graduates will be considered
- Knowledge of the CPG and online shopping industry, particularly with marketplaces & marketplace sellers
- Previous experience in a similar role strongly desired (Category Management, Strategy Analysis, Product Management, Business Development, Marketing)
- Highly competitive, smart, detail-oriented, relentlessly resourceful
- Strong personal presence with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, & proficiency in CRM systems
- Familiarity with Tableau, SQL, Jira desired
- Team-oriented but has the ability to work independently
- Agile individual with the ability to work autonomously in a demanding and ambiguous environment
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.