Fivestars is seeking a Summer 2020 IT / Office Intern (June- July). We are looking for a bright and technically savvy intern to join our IT and Office team. This is a great opportunity to work on a wide variety of technologies and gain practical work experience troubleshooting and resolving computer issues while deepening your understanding of how network environments work. This is a remote, paid internship (30 hours/week).
Who you are
You’re currently pursuing a degree in Information Technology, Communications, or a related field and want to solve complex and interesting problems. You demonstrate a high level of curiosity and thirst for learning. You are a strong team player who wants to contribute to a product that impacts the lives of business owners and consumers alike.
What you’ll do
- Support the IT and Office team resolve problems (to the end user’s satisfaction)
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding of users
- Assist the IT team with new hire orientation events; set up/clean up of all conference rooms, etc, Basic IT troubleshooting skills required
- Assist with coordinating the repair and maintenance of various facilities
- Help maintain an inventory of all equipment, software, and software licenses
- Communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users
- Assist with daily ad hoc Office/IT team needs
- Maintenance and upkeep of office including stocking and replenishing office supplies, ensuring cleanliness, organizing any large moves or office shuffles, etc.
What we’re looking for
- High interest and familiarity with computers and technology
- Strong communication, customer service, and troubleshooting skills
- Seeks out ways to use technology to meet organizational goals and increase individual efficiency
- Works well with and helps others to accomplish goals
Who we are
At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing and payments program. Fivestars drives over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.