Product Management, Summer Internship at Cisco Meraki
The modern world runs on the Internet, and the Internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
As a Product Management Intern at Meraki, you will collaborate with forward-thinking engineers and excited customers to help ensure that we have another homerun product addition to the Meraki #fullstack. You will work closely with the executive team to establish a winning strategy, and collaborate with our extraordinary sales, marketing, and partner teams to ensure market-adoption and rapid growth. We want your help to make this nascent product line shake up the burgeoning multi-billion-dollar analytics market.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.Example projects of a Product Management Intern:
- Working closely with the customer and our engineering team to identify new product concepts and GTM strategies.
- Develop new MX product for service provider customers, working with sales, marketing, hardware, and software engineering teams
- Strong business background (ex: MBA, Product Management or Marketing) desired
- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE routing/switching/security certifications a plus
- Experience with or passion for learning about networking, cloud, and emerging disruptive technologies
- Strong user empathy with a deep desire to understand top customer problems
- Easily communicate complicated concepts to non-technical folks
- Entrepreneurial, can-do attitude with a strong sense of product quality
- Love solving technical problems in creative ways
Meraki interns join the team for 12 and 16 week programs and are placed directly onto subteams. During the program, interns have the opportunity to work on a small starter project, such as integration and implementation of new tools, before spending the remaining duration of the program on a larger project, such as building the infrastructure for a new service. Projects are cross functional, which allow insight into new languages and technologies, help encourage professional growth within engineering, and allow a sense of ownership within the team.
Meraki’s engineering teams place a high emphasis on mentorship. Each intern is matched 1:1 with a mentor who provides continual feedback and guidance throughout the duration of the program. Mentors help with introductions to other team members, overviews of tools and processes, and provide a seamless integration into Meraki life.Intern Benefits:
- Housing assistance in San Francisco for duration of program
- Competitive salary
- Weekly social events inside and outside of the office (Giants games, Exploratorium tickets, friendly soccer games)
- Lunch and dinner daily
- Customized laptop and desk setups
- Medical coverage plans
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.