Fivestars is seeking a Summer 2020 QA Automation Intern (June-August) to come in and make a huge impact on our growing QA team. As part of the larger Engineering organization, you will help balance the demands of rapid product development with stability and a bug-free customer experience. In this role, you will have the opportunity to test our wide range of products, and apply cutting edge testing technology to ensure our success. Come help us build the future of customer engagement for small businesses! This is a remote, full-time, paid internship (40 hours/week).
Who you are
You’re currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related field and want to solve complex and interesting problems. You demonstrate a high level of curiosity and thirst for learning. You are a strong team player who wants to contribute to a product that impacts the lives of business owners and consumers alike.
What you’ll do
- Work in a multi-disciplined scrum team to plan, design, and implement test infrastructure / new feature testing / automation
- Work collaboratively with QA team on all aspects of test planning, execution, issue resolution and reporting
- Utilize existing infrastructure to create automated test suites
- Develop and maintain automation test scripts and find solutions to improve end-to-end test coverage
- Apply CI/CD framework to our testing tools and services
- Create extensive test plans and suites that can be automated efficiently
- Communicate issues, risks, bugs and testing progress in a detailed and timely manner
What we’re looking for
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in any of the following: CS, EE, Physics, Math
- Strong team player - we work in small product teams that work very closely together and are constantly collaborating in order to move as fast as possible
- Excel at structured and quantitative thinking and problem-solving
- Experience with automated test frameworks, such as Selenium, Appium, Espresso, or equivalent
- Understanding of testing concepts including white box and black box testing, regression testing, performance testing, etc.
At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing and payments program. Fivestars drives over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.