Software Engineering Intern - Summer 2020 at Ripple
Ripple’s mission is to enable the world to move value like it already moves information on the web today. With 300+ customers around the world, we’re providing a frictionless experience for Banks, Payment Providers and Exchanges to send money globally, using blockchain technology and the digital asset, XRP. We’re solving unique challenges but we can’t do it alone. We look for teammates who push us to work smarter, harder, faster.
The Software Engineering Internship is a great way to drive impact and contribute to the continued success of Ripple’s solutions for cross-border payments.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- You will work with a team of developers on creating world-class enterprise products powered by Ripplenet
- Help design and build standard and reliable API’s as well as contribute to our SaaS (Software as a Service) platform which enables customers to seamlessly send payments globally.
- Work collaboratively with seasoned developers and get exposure to our enterprise software development lifecycle.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate (Junior or Senior or graduate program only)
- Previous engineering internship experience, a must
- Experience building backend applications
- Knowledge of SaaS, API, authentication and OAuth 2.0 preferred
- Proficiency in Java -- We don’t discriminate by language, you could have built side projects in Ruby on Rails, Python, Node.js
- Interests: open-source, entrepreneurship, economics and financial markets, creative thinking, systems thinking, cryptography, creative logic
- Team player with strong work ethic
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive hourly pay
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks
- Weekly lunches
- Monthly team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.