Legal Operations Lead at Blend
| San Francisco | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:02 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, March 16, 2021
Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is looking for an experienced and motivated Legal Operations Lead to join our growing Legal team. As the Legal Operations Lead, you’ll report directly to the Head of Legal and Compliance, and have a broad range of responsibilities including designing and implementing processes and technology to streamline the Legal team’s effectiveness, helping build team strategy and structure, and working cross functionally on key initiatives. This role is a phenomenal opportunity to build and lead the Legal operations program in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
How You'll Contribute:
- Partner with the Legal team to increase productivity, including identifying process improvements and implementing technology solutions to create more efficiencies and automation
- Support the Head of Legal and Compliance with Legal team structure, strategy, and engagement
- Support the Legal team’s efforts in strategic planning planning and implementing department metrics and reporting.
- Represent the legal team in cross functional projects with internal business partners, including Sales, Business Development, Product and Marketing, to build operational excellence
- Develop and manage billing guidelines and partner with Finance on Legal budget and forecasting
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of relevant legal operations experience
- Strong critical thinking, project management and execution abilities
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, oral and written communication skills
- Highly disciplined, able to make independent decisions and work with limited supervision while excelling in a fast-paced and dynamic and environment
- Ability to anticipate and mitigate friction points, and take the initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges
- Prior experience working in a startup environment, preferably
Benefits & Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants
Read Full Job Description