At Figure, we’re on a mission to transform financial services through blockchain, bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions.
Accomplishing this kind of transformation requires building really big things. And we understand that building big requires a creative, team oriented and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best work. The Figure team is comprised of incredibly driven, innovative, collaborative and curious people who love architecting and building from scratch. Everyone at the company is encouraged to be an individual contributor but also a team collaborator.
We value team members who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation. Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the Fintech space. Join us!
About this role
Figure is looking for an Underwriter to play a big part in the process for a highly automated conforming and non conforming mortgage origination. This role will work cross functionally with Product, Credit and Quality Control teams to ensure that Figure has effective underwriting processes that comply with GSE and investor guidelines. Take ownership and make a big impact on this innovative team!
What you’ll do
- Own and exercise loan approval authority within limits set by Credit
- Maintain a working knowledge of GSE and investor seller guidelines and requirements, new government regulations and real estate laws.
- Be the go to expert on all company mortgage products, systems, operational procedures and policies. This includes maintaining a working knowledge and providing vendor oversight of Day 1 certainty provider services and other 3rd party services
- Review repurchase requests and underwriting purchase deficiencies and partner with Capital markets to remediate the deficiencies and Product to prevent systemic issues going forward
- Review and approve third party originators. Maintain policies and procedures to review and approve third party originators
- Collaborate with Compliance on all fair lending reviews
- Continuously look for areas of process improvements and ways to make things more efficient
What we look for
- 3+ years verifiable experience underwriting residential mortgages
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to interpret guidelines and make decisions based on these interpretations
- Strong project-management skills, with a proven ability to coordinate across departments and functions
- Strong work ethic and hands-on approach to build in a startup environment
- Ability to address issues while remaining objective and independent
- Ability to build technical processes and work with cross functionally to provide underwriting related requirements
- Experience conducting compliance monitoring and testing
- Proven ability to take a project from start to finish while staying organized, detail oriented and diligent
- Strong communication skills - ability to articulate verbally and in writing, plans, processes, policies and issues to stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a start up environment building from ground level
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Performance based bonus
- Paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA, 401k, commuter benefits
- And much more to come!
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.