Product Counsel at Reddit
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
As Product Counsel, you’ll get to work with a variety of teams including the product and engineering teams that are focused on growth, monetization and new products. You must have excellent judgment in balancing legal risks with business strategy and a proven ability to learn new areas of law and function independently in a demanding fast-paced environment. You will use your drive and experience to make a big impact on Reddit’s business. If you’re passionate about the law and business and love a challenging, team-focused, fast-moving environment, then this is the place for you.
- Advise multiple stakeholders across product, engineering, and business development throughout the product development cycle (from the initial stages of product development, through launch, to market strategy) on a broad range of best practices and compliance issues regarding reddit.com and its apps.
- Understand and stay up to date on U.S. and international laws and regulations related to platforms and ability to explain complex legal issues in basic terms for the company.
- Provide pragmatic day to day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing business goals and initiatives.
- Manage internal projects, training, processes, and drive cross-functional efforts to successful completion.
- 4+ years relevant experience; JD from top law school; admitted to the Bar
- Enthusiasm and passion for technology, law, and business
- Comfortable handling chaos and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience counseling product development and working closely with designers, engineers, and product management
- Expertise in two or more of the following areas: intellectual property, privacy, content regulation, consumer protection, or financial regulatory frameworks
- Eagerness and drive to continue learning
- Sense of humor
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
- Catered Meals & Snacks
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time