Director, Customer Marketing at Udemy
!Sorry, this job was removed at 3:07 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, January 22, 2020
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced and dynamic Director of Customer Marketing to lead our global B2B customer marketing efforts for Udemy for Business. In the last few years we’ve experienced tremendous growth and we’re looking to bring on a marketing leader that can take our customer marketing strategy to the next level of scale and performance. We have two main sets of customers- admins who manage learning for their organization, and end users who are the employees learning on the Udemy platform regularly.
The Director of Customer Marketing will report into the VP of Marketing. This individual will have mastered translating customer insights and feedback into action. They will drive our customer segmentation strategy and partner with our customer success team to drive retention and upsell revenue at scale. This role is based in San Francisco and may include some light travel, both domestic and international.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Establish a strong understanding of the customer lifecycle and customer journey via intelligent segmentation (for admins and end-users). Develop a flexible global execution framework and playbook for different customer segments.
- Analyze and establish metrics for learner engagement, customer retention/loyalty, customer segment health, and customer satisfaction.
- Be the expert on what drives scalable and repeatable models of learner engagement at the organizations we serve, and improve our learner engagement metrics.
- Lead our customer advocacy program efforts and customer advisory board (CAB) in partnership with key marketing and customer success stakeholders.
- Develop and launch customer success enablement initiatives, including collateral and other materials our customers can utilize to drive engagement.
- Explore new customer marketing ideas and projects, including scaling a customer community and developing impactful customer videos.
- Lead, coach and mentor a growing customer marketing team.
We're exciting about you because you have:
- 10+ years of professional experience with at least 7+ years working in and managing a team in digital marketing, marketing strategy, marketing communications, or customer marketing in a B2B environment. 4+ years experience managing or overseeing B2B customer marketing is a plus.
- A proven track record of success in senior marketing roles in B2B organizations.
- Demonstrated a high bar for performance for yourself and others on your team.
- Excellent communication skills, outstanding attention to detail, and the ability to execute on strategic programs that meet customer needs.
- Can balance the analytical and creative worlds to bring world-class marketing to life.
- Biased toward action, a great collaborator and a master at making the complex simple.
- Experience understanding how to prioritize and drive projects to completion and success, working with tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- International experience is a plus.
- MBA is a plus.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
The Key To Solving Future Skills Challenges
Algorithms are coming for their jobs, so workers are teaching themselves algorithms
Distractions Are Costing Companies Millions. Here's Why 66 Percent of Workers Won't Talk About It
How Soft Skills Can Help You Get Ahead in a Tech World
Read Full Job Description