Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Director of Solutions Marketing is a senior level, leadership role focused on positioning Planet’s products, partner offerings and services as solutions to help Planet capture current commercial markets and leverage key market trends. Focussed on solutions oriented messaging and content, this role expands Marketing’s reach by creating and developing differentiated value based positioning. This role will identify opportunities working with key
stakeholders across sales, product and customer success to combine existing products with partner and industry expertise to deliver customer value based Marketing messages.
This function is responsible for planning, creating and implementing the overall Marketing solutions strategy, plan and team, requiring close collaboration across marketing, product, sales, and business development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build and lead a team that can understand and leverage a broader market ecosystem,trends and competitors.
- Identify use cases Planet can commercialize near term based on current market potential and growth.
- Position and message Planet solutions based on key customer use cases. Validating positioning and messaging with a Market-in/ecosystem lens.
- Identify where partners can provide a strategic advantage for Planet’s position
- Support all Account Based Marketing efforts building targeted content for both sales facing engagements and demand gen efforts.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Strategic understanding of customer use cases focussed on repeatable patterns and the ability to identify gaps where partners can help Planet solve customer challenges today.
- Understand and clearly articulate value propositions to solve unmet business challenges.
- Develop and evaluate Planet’s Marketing SWOT relative to market competitive landscape and to address core buyer personas and market segments.
- Support Planet’s Commercial Sustainability marketing and work closely across functions to support use cases Planet can capture in the market.
- Organizationally includes use case focussed, partner and competitive marketing, as well as primary strategic lead for joint solutions across verticals.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- 8 years Product Marketing and/or Solutions delivery, or customer facing consulting role.
- Experience hiring, building and leading marketing, or customer facing team
- Excellent storytelling skills with the ability to strategically “connect the dots” to articulate customer value in simple, yet compelling ways.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders and execs to drive outcomes.
- Experience in enterprise software. Geospatial or Data and analytics experience a plus
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.#LI-DD1