Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Marketing Automation Manager will oversee strategic development and day-to-day execution of marketing automation activities. This position will be a key contributor on the Demand Generation team and will work closely with our programs to conceptualize and configure marketing campaigns within Marketo. Other responsibilities include overseeing our marketing automation request intake process and standardizing repeatable tasks.
This role manages lead scoring, lead routing, email creation, email deployment and campaign optimization efforts as well as contributes to the ongoing design and maintenance of our demand generation systems. This role works closely with Field Marketing, Partner Marketing, Product Marketing and Marketing Operations to optimize and manage marketing automation programs and projects, including lead flow and data quality initiatives.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Launch and optimize email campaigns, including email template setup, campaign setup, testing, scheduling, tracking, and measuring campaigns to drive short-term and long-term results
- Segment lists based on demographic data and behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions
- Implement best in class marketing intelligence best practices; segment and leverage the marketing database for greater campaign efficiency, contact outreach, engagement and effectiveness within target accounts
- Measure and optimize lead nurturing workflows with a focus on driving engagement, efficiency, and scalability
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the performance of our email sends
- Design and implement test plans (A/B and multivariate) to understand drivers of response and value
- Generate analytical insights that drive significant email subscriber growth and response improvement
- Work cross-functionally and help project manage our email marketing initiatives with multiple internal/external stakeholders to execute marketing campaigns
- Ensure standards are applied to marketing automation processes with a focus on quality output, GDPR compliance, CCPA compliance and CAN-SPAM act
- Assist in managing lead lifecycle by optimizing lead scoring and qualification
- Provide guidance and recommendations on Marketo integrations
- Play an integral role in supporting the globalization of campaigns
- Maintain marketing automation integration with CRM and business systems and assist in integrating additional platforms into the marketing automation software (developer support provided as needed)
- Collaborate with Sales Operations and Corporate Engineering/IT teams to guide the end-to-end lead flow process and ensure integration between marketing automation and CRM systems
- Standardize and optimize marketing automation processes and QA procedures to ensure flawless delivery of campaigns
- Document processes and communicate improvements to increase the marketing team’s ability to deliver marketing programs efficiently
- Differentiate Partner leads from regular leads and update necessary fields in Salesforce
- Healthy database management initiatives including duplicate management and Salesforce sync issues
- Attention to detail is a must. Need to ensure external facing content is up to industry standards/expectations
What You Bring:
- BA/BS degree required
- 3+ years of experience with track record of increasing responsibility
- Proficiency with Marketo and other marketing automation technology including Pardot, HubSpot, etc
- Experience using project management tools such as Monday.com, SmartSheets, Trello, Wrike, Kanban, Asana, or similar
- Excellent grasp of best practices for email marketing and design (CAN-SPAM, GDPR, subject line testing, ALT tags, image optimization, etc.)
- Understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as sender score, deliverability, and sender reputation
- Knowledge of data segmentation, dynamic content, and email measurement
- Experience with editing tools such as Photoshop for image resizing and Dreamweaver/Marketo for HTML troubleshooting
- Experience with multivariate test setups to measure incremental value of email campaigns (A/B, engagement, etc.)
- Strong business acumen and quantitative analytical skills
- Fast Learner - Can achieve power-user status on multiple tools quickly
- Ability to set timelines and keep teams to prescribed deadlines while also being adaptable to change in a fast paced environment
- Advance knowledge of Excel skills
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.