ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will assist in building out Udemy’s Personalization function. Using data and consumer insights, you will identify important behaviors and moments in a customer’s lifecycle. You will partner with others to launch new lifecycle programs, and analyze results. You will help the team stay organized and keep projects on-track. Your work will support the team’s pursuit of improving the customer journey, striving for consistent customer experience across channels, and impacting long-term value for Udemy students.
You are laser-focused on the customer and delivering positive experiences that align with Udemy’s goals and mission. You are an analytical thinker, capable of looking at data, identifying trends, and developing hypotheses about student behavior. You are organized and comfortable managing deliverables for multiple projects at a time. The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of CRM/lifecycle best practices within the B2C space, and a strong bias for action.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Develop expertise on our buyers, who they are, how they buy, their key buying criteria, and how this differs based on geo, category, etc
- Propose new and outside-of-the-box ideas to help lifecycle programs drive results
- Understand and evaluate existing programs and recommend improvements
- Work closely in partnership with Data Science and Product teams to launch a predictive lifecycle model
- Partner with email and onsite channel teams to QA new programs, ensuring they are accurate across channels: on-site, email, mobile web and mobile app
- Partner with Engineering and Data Science team to conduct customer-facing marketing experiments
- Manage lifecycle projects through the pipeline. Track progress using Asana to ensure all campaigns are on-schedule
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 2+ years experience in B2C lifecycle or engagement marketing, with demonstrated experience implementing programs through email, onsite, and push channels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with colleagues at all levels
- Strategic thinker with solid critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail, organized, and efficient with the ability to rise to the occasion under tight timelines and pressure
- Comfortable driving results and growth in-line with company objectives and goals
- Experience with A/B testing and optimization, including iterative content testing
- Experience at an online marketplace or tech company desired
- Demonstrated experience partnering with product, data science, and engineering stakeholders to deliver results strongly desired
- A professional demeanor, positive attitude, and strong desire to learn!
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description