Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Credit Karma is looking for a strong, seasoned Senior Growth Marketing Manager to drive the strategic direction of digital growth marketing for one of our emerging verticals. Your mandate is to ideate, test, iterate, and optimize growth via paid acquisition, retargeting, and product optimizations across web and native-app growth channels, determine the allocation of a large monthly marketing budget and drive value across acquisition and retargeting strategies. In addition to leading acquisition strategies, you’ll also get the opportunity to engage with consumer insights, creative and product managers to talk through creative strategy and how we’ll achieve product-market fit with new initiatives. Ultimately, you will be accountable for the go-to-market planning, media budget, and results of all campaigns.
Are you ready to help Credit Karma grow beyond 100 million members? Drop us a line!
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you'll do:
- Drive execution using generalist resources in the areas of product, performance marketing, brand marketing, and research teams to develop, lead, and execute a strategic and cohesive marketing strategy
- Own entire channels, budgets, strategies, and outcomes for either acquisition or engagement, including the ideation, prioritization, & execution of all marketing optimization levers
- Work cross functionally as a primary point of contact for product, engineering, creative, design, finance, legal, and analytics in a collaborative team environment
- Generate hypotheses for improving marketing performance, execute A/B tests, and apply knowledge of basic statistics (e.g. sample size, significance) to separate signal from noise
- Provide necessary leadership in crafting members’ experiences that balance business needs, company’s vision, member needs and product priorities
What we are looking for:
- 7+ years of experience B2C digital marketing, including experience leading teams and groups cross-functionally to the best outcome, including 3+ years directly managing a performance marketing channel (Search, Display, Paid Social, Email, etc.) in a B2C environment
- Has proven step-function growth and improved efficiency of marketing channels
- Can drive overall marketing strategy from forecasting, budgeting, and planning—to resource allocation, prioritization, campaign execution, optimization, and reporting
- An analytical mind, a passion for experimentation, and proven track record of using data at all levels for decision making
- Highly collaborative and influential - enjoys getting everyone on the same page to drive action
- Ability to synthesize disparate information sets into a cohesive narrative and strategy
- Proficiency with SQL or BigQuery or Looker, and advanced Excel skills preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.