Senior Manager, Growth Marketing at DoorDash
We’re looking for someone to own consumer referrals strategy and operations, as well as other growth channels and levers, including affiliate and direct mail. You’ll be managing some of our highest scale growth channels and identifying new & creative opportunities for DoorDash to accelerate consumer acquisition and engagement. You will collaborate closely with our Product, Analytics, Engineering, and Strategy & Operations teams to build out new product specs, optimize spend across channels to drive the greatest ROI, and identify local market-level opportunities. You’ll get the chance to lead strategy, planning, and execution in a highly visible and cross-functional role.
You’re into the details, the numbers, and the information that leads to incrementally smarter decisions. You have a knack for creating thoughtful and creative testing roadmaps and executing to prove out hypotheses and scale. You are technically-minded and deeply analytical, with experience working closely with partners in product, engineering and analytics to identify high-opportunity areas and develop products specs. You have a working knowledge of the direct-to-consumer marketing world, and may have worked for a tech brand previously. You think like a business owner and understand how to hit aggressive growth goals while working within constraints around quality and ROI. Besides these skills, you’re excited to get to work every day, excel when your sleeves are rolled up, and perform best when challenged.
What you’ll do:
- Drive domestic and international growth for the consumer side of DoorDash’s marketplace through a variety of owned and paid channels
- Own strategy & execution for the consumer referrals program - optimizing incentives across countries & markets, building tools to detect and block fraudulent usage, and working with product & engineering to scope out new features and growth levers
- Scale program beyond individual referrers to build out incentivized affiliate & partnership opportunities
- Own new customer offers & promotions testing across marketing channels to drive conversion & engagement
- Own additional promo-code driven growth channels such as direct mail marketing
- Work closely with analytics, BI, product and engineering to build out fraud detection and prevention across new consumer promotions
- Create tracking and reporting dashboards using knowledge of SQL, Tableau, Chartio and Excel
- Work with strategy & operations to identify market-level opportunities for growth and help hit regional targets
- Partner with finance to determine ROI, LTV and paybacks for new consumers
- 5-10 years of experience in a highly analytical, data intensive and strategic role
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to leverage analytics and work with complex datasets to understand performance, optimize campaigns, drive decision-making, and measure outcomes
- Experience managing, or deep understanding of, paid customer acquisition channels with an eye towards discrete, measurable targets (marginal CPA, CAC, LTV, etc)
- Experience in growth marketing or product role a plus
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Relentless focus on improvement
- Experience in managing large consumer marketplaces
- Interest and passion in on-demand logistics
- Quirky interests - we think different, we act different, we are different; that’s how we win
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.