About the Role
DoorDash’s mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about — helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses.
To further this mission, we’re looking for an experienced product marketing expert to join our growing product marketing team as the first hire focus on the Dasher audience. As Senior Product Marketing Manager for Dasher, you will be responsible for defining the go-to-market strategy to launch new features and create education that drives engagement. DoorDash drivers – A.K.A. Dashers – are at the heart of the company’s logistics business. Through close collaboration product management and operations, you will surface audience insights that inform the roadmap, drive audience-first marketing plans, and leverage both to help Dashers reach their financial goals through flexible and stable opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating at highly strategic and tactical levels, switching between them effortlessly. You will be deeply grounded in audience insights through partnership with research and by driving original research to better understand the needs of the Dasher audience. You will thrive on analytics and set a learning agenda for all projects that raises the bar for impact against engagement and business goals.
This role is based out of our San Francisco headquarters and reports to the head of Product Marketing.
What You'll Do
- Own the development of marketing strategies that drive Dasher awareness and engagement with new and existing features
- Define and drive comprehensive go-to-market plans for new features from audience definition, development of core value proposition, to launch and sustain through owned and in-product channels
- Partner closely with research and analytics to develop a deeper understanding of the Dasher audience and surface opportunities to senior product leadership to inform the roadmap
- Proactively identify and execute on opportunities to drive increased adoption with new and existing Dashers through close partnership with analytics, product management, and business strategy
- Lead complex cross-functional teams to execute marketing programs at scale, including partnering with Product Management, Engineering, Comms, Strategy & Ops, Finance, and Analytics
- Collaborate with communications, legal, and policy to launch and land new product features with a neutral to positive reception with Dashers and key stakeholder audiences
- BA, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of professional experience in marketing in a corporate or startup environment
- Proven track record of driving successful go-to-market launches that drive adoption and bottom line impact
- Fluency with data - including market/segment sizing, forecasting, and working with analytics to understand efficacy of campaigns after the fact
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.