Social Media and Communications Manager at Amplitude
At Amplitude, we’ve created a best-in-class, innovative product that our customers love. We’re already the product intelligence platform of choice for top product and growth teams around the world including at Microsoft, Twitter, adidas, CapitalOne, NBC, Hubspot, and Procter & Gamble. We believe our continued success depends upon a world class Communications Team to which an empowered Social Media and Communications Manager is essential. We need someone in this role who can lead a fresh approach to engaging, connecting with, and delighting our audiences across owned and earned channels.
This role reports into the Brand and Creative Marketing Department, which is a remote-first team lead by a director with several years of experience managing remote teams.
What’s working at Amplitude like? Our core values are our north star: We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers. We hire people we trust to make decisions, and we share learnings from our successes as well as our failures.
As the Social Media and Communications Manager, you will
- translate strategic goals for corporate communications and social media engagement into actionable programs and experiences.
- collaborate with our PR agency to develop compelling stories about our product releases, corporate announcements, and thought leadership objectives.
- own, develop and execute the social media content calendar in partnership with our Content Team.
- understand how to manage difficult conversations within our channels with tact and to escalate when appropriate.
- track and report on the performance of our social channels and PR initiatives.
You'll be a great addition to the team if
- you have 4+ years experience in a social media or communications related role.
- you embrace humility, a growth mindset, and ownership as core values, and you want to work with a company that shares those values.
- you have a data-informed approach to problem-solving, and you could happily talk shop for hours with product managers, data scientists, or growth teams.
- you’re a great communicator — you actively listen, and you can write thoughtful responses quickly.
- you believe psychological safety is the #1 indicator of successful teams.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: Along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform – we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Microsoft, Twitter, adidas, CapitalOne, NBC, Hubspot, and Procter & Gamble.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, and Paris, however, we are actively building a remote-first culture across our departments.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.