Sr. Manager - New Verticals at DoorDash
We’re looking for someone to own the marketing strategy and planning for DoorDash’s New Verticals. New Verticals are businesses beyond our core food delivery marketplace. In this role, you will play a lead role in defining the marketing strategy, collaborating with the Strategy & Operations teams, as well as our internal performance marketing channel leads, and owning the outcomes to drive growth for businesses not yet fully developed.
You’re comfortable being uncomfortable, but also very methodical. You’re empathetic; to the point you can identify with multiple niche audience types and understand their mindset. You’re pretty well versed in multiple areas of marketing; digital, consumer, B2B, etc. You might have experience working in “SWAT teams” or the like. Generally, this role requires someone who can see the big picture, but also manage the lowest level of detail.
On a daily basis, you’ll work with multiple Strategy & Operations teams, multiple marketing channel owners, and numerous others. This role requires you to think like a product launch manager, a marketer, as well as a general manager.
You’re into the details, the numbers, and the information that leads to incrementally smarter decisions. You have a working knowledge of the direct-to-consumer marketing world, and may have worked for a tech brand previously. Growth models, retention curves, and capital allocation are your bread and butter. This role requires you to be comfortable wearing many hats; thinking like a CFO, data-wrangling like an intelligence analyst, and communicating like a Jedi master. Besides these skills, you’re excited to get to work every day, excel when your sleeves are rolled up, and perform best when challenged.
What you’ll do:
- Be the marketing lead in each of our new business units, lending practical investment strategies to test and grow product market fit
- Develop, test and iterate on unscalable and/or hacky marketing investments while also building strategies to scale our new businesses
- Direct marketing channel owners on investment guidelines, budgets and strategies
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to ensure and build best-in-class solutions
- Develop audience marketing strategies that align with each new business’s customer profile(s)
- Work closely with analytics to measure the effectiveness of paid growth initiatives and devise measurement plans for high-risk, but high-impact marketing programs
- Collaborate with our in house brand marketing team to develop messaging and creative strategies that are in-line with our global brand, and activated upon with media
- Partner with finance leads in the US to define the growth strategy in line with financial plans
- Dirty your hands with SQL, Tableau, Sheets, Excel, and a host of other data manipulation and BI tools
- Routinely discuss plans with operations, financial and marketing leaders
- 5+ years of experience in a highly analytical, data intensive and/or strategic role
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to leverage analytics and work with complex datasets to understand performance, optimize campaigns, drive decision-making, and measure outcomes
- Experience managing, or deep understanding of, paid customer acquisition channels with an eye towards discrete, measurable targets (marginal CPA, CAC, LTV, etc)
- Comfort and experience with quantitative marketing analytics, budgeting, forecasting, scenario planning, and test-and-learn methodologies
- 2+ years experience in US marketing, strategy or operations
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Relentless focus on improvement
- Experience in managing large consumer marketplaces
- Interest and passion in on-demand logistics
- Quirky interests - we think different, we act different, we are different; that’s how we win
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.