Sr. Public Relations Manager
Synapse is seeking a highly motivated Sr PR Manager who will help elevate brand awareness through social media, online platforms, press releases, communications and trade marketing in addition to building relationships with key media professionals. They will report to the CEO and will be responsible for arranging any executive interviews and speakership opportunities.
At Synapse, we share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative, action-oriented, and horizontally structured. We are a team of conscientious hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose.
Synapse provides payment, deposit, lending and investment products as APIs to FinTech companies who build and launch their financial innovations on top of our banking infrastructure. Our mission is to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth.
The candidate should be a well-rounded and strategic individual with the ability to:
- Research and maximize brand presence on various channels (e.g. web, podcasts, blogs, and social media)
- Implement effective strategies to maximize brand awareness in various markets
- Introduce, cultivate and maintain relationships with media and influential professionals
- Arrange interviews, panel discussions, speakership opportunities, networking events, etc., for the CEO and business leadership to promote our company and its products/services
- Ensure brand consistency in all promotional efforts
- Plan and execute PR events to increase awareness of our company
- Document and report on PR campaigns’ results; track and influence media coverage
- Pitch new ideas, and amplify content and social concepts to propel brand awareness while representing the Synapse voice, and staying consistent with current trends and media opportunities
- Support executive leaders and partner with outside agencies as necessary
- Attend conferences, meetings, conventions, in order to stay current on market trends and new research
- Collaborate with the business development team to uncover insights and strategies to increase brand awareness
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, advertising or related field
- 5+ years of experience in communications, advertising, PR and/or brand management; minimum 2+ years in agency client/account management.
- Previous experience with creatively seeking out and building relationships with PR/media contacts; existing PR/media contacts is a plus.
- FinTech industry knowledge is preferred.
- Be a self-starter and willing to roll-up their sleeves to figure out how to get things done; have the ability to work in a fast paced startup and wear multiple hats.
- Be comfortable doing analysis and know how to use data to support your plans.
- Have strong analytical and communication skills; ability to work with unstructured information and data.
- Be a strong collaborator in sustaining relationships across all functions and levels in an organization to ensure seamless integration and flawless execution of public relations/communications plans.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Growth Potential
- Competitive Salary
- Insurance (Health//Dental//Vision)
- One Medical membership
- 401(k) with company matching
- Monthly commuter allowance, for travel to and from work
- Healthy on-site breakfast and lunch crafted by Synapse’s own chefs
- 0.0% - 0.001%
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
We are looking for top notch individuals who are seeking a challenge. Our company is growing quickly. This is an exciting time to join our team. If you are interested in adding value to our team, please apply and we will be in touch.
Read Full Job Description