Content Engineer - Security/SD-WAN at Cisco Meraki
Technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. At Cisco Meraki, we believe that by simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. Do you share our beliefs?
Founded in 2006, Meraki has grown to become an industry leader in the IT space, with over 350,000 customers and 4.5 million network devices and counting online around the world. Our comprehensive set of solutions includes wireless, switching, security, UTM, and cameras, all led by Meraki’s web-based dashboard interface. You could not ask for a better stack of products, with a better differentiation from competitors, than this.
Cisco Meraki is seeking a hardworking content engineer who has a deep expertise in IT networking, technical writing and training/enablement content creation! As a Content Engineer, you will be an extension of our product teams that crafts educational content aligned to your assigned product and technology domains. You’ll also help our instructional design team develop and review course content, student exercises, labs, and function as a subject matter expert to internal technical and non-technical team members. This role is part of our Product Enablement team.
The Product Enablement team seeks to significantly increase market adoption and confidence in the Meraki platform by developing, delivering, enabling scalable and repeatable learning solutions that anticipate the training & enablement needs and increase platform awareness of all individuals who engage with Cisco Meraki to meet them wherever they are and however they learn best!What you’ll do:
- Serve as a technical specialist within your product domains and provide consultancy services to Product Enablement and Meraki
- Develop content strategies aligned with product & training goals
- Design, develop, and distribute training tools and resources such as standard operating procedures, reference guides, presentations, and other end-user documentation utilizing your technical writing expertise
- Collaborate with other Product Enablement, engineering, product, and leadership resources to build highly scalable and compelling training documentation and labs
- Ensure the quality and consistency of enablement content throughout its life cycle
- Comprehensive technical expertise in the areas of security/SD-WAN technology
- Shown project and program management
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience crafting technical training and enablement, content management, and content lifecycle management
- 5+ years of experience within technical marketing, technical writing, or training development role
- Experience working on multi-functional teams and facilitating successful project outcomes
- Assured and articulate public speaking skills in front of large and diverse technical audiences
- CCNP level technical understanding of wireless and wired LAN technologies
- Preferred experience with Meraki hardware and services
- Preferred experience in training, instructional design, curriculum development, and learning & development role
- Good communication skills
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.