Come create and build the first charitable foundation for Credit Karma, focusing on using digital technology to provide accessible financial education that helps students achieve their dreams. Overall strategic and operational responsibility for establishing, expanding, and execution of the mission, products, programs, and partnerships for the newly created Foundation.
In partnership with Credit Karma employees, volunteers, and corporate partners to develop deep knowledge of the field and execute on core programs, operations, and business plans.
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, product development, consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize Foundation volunteers, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors
- Build & develop a high-performance team
- Manage the digital product experience & delivery of a great product that achieves our strategic goals
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Develop fundraising activities to support program operations and expansion while simultaneously building a first generation product & partnerships
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications— the goal of creating the strong trusted place for financial education
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to the Foundation’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, partner relations, and project management experience, preferably with experience related to the technology or financial services industries.
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelors degree, with at least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Experience with digital platforms, specific experience with technology companies & products a plus
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description