Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Head of Vendor Management, reporting to the Director of Customer Support, is responsible for overseeing existing and future vendor relationships. You will be responsible for developing and implementing the vendor strategy to deliver an exceptional end-to-end user experience. You will become intimately familiar with the issues Wish users experience and will partner with the Customer Support leadership team and other organizations (e.g., Product, Logistics, Finance) to create better policy, process and product experiences. Your work - strategy, execution and continuous improvement - will impact hundreds of BPO employees and millions of Wish users. This is a senior role, highly visible to company executives, and has a considerable impact on our success and the experience of our users.
This role requires an experienced leader who thrives in a flat, fast-moving organization using lightweight processes, creative ideas, and quick iteration to make a significant impact. You and your team will be accountable for shaping Wish’s vendor management strategy and policies, and influencing the company’s product roadmaps and internal tooling.
What you'll be doing:
- Hold all vendors accountable and take appropriate corrective action for the performance and results of all vendor operations across multiple geographies and lines of business
- Lead and grow a team of Vendor Support Specialists in multiple locations, to support Wish’s Customer Support Experience objectives at scale
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to strategically implement and optimize vendor management processes, tools and policies to achieve performance objectives while mitigating vendor risk
- Be part of the Customer Support Management Team in all contract negotiations and relationship management for all key vendor relationships, including defining service level agreements and implementation of incentive plans aligned with delivering best in class support
- Champion improvements and changes to improve the quality of the Wish Customer Support experience
- Proactively identify and analyze issues, patterns and trends in customer requests & product performance
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to increase customer retention and satisfaction
- Communicate effectively with internal leadership to identify customer pain points and propose solutions to policy, user experience or other areas for improvement
- A Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years experience managing contact centers/BPO vendors at a high growth technology company. Experience working within an E-Commerce environment or within a B2C business is highly desirable. ( Global experience is highly beneficial)
- Ability to create weekly reports on the operational findings of our vendors and ability to run WBRs with our vendors on a bi weekly basis.
- Analyze and spot trends in operational data and suggest improvements or remedies.
- Possess strong negotiation and leadership skills needed to gain commitments and initiate action to remediate risks and vulnerabilities from the leadership of other teams
- Experience in championing and/or acting an executive sponsor for change initiatives; experience in building feedback loops with internal teams
- Ability to synthesize disparate information quickly to develop a succinct, accurate summary of the opportunity/need. Comfortable with both setting the long-term strategy and making it happen, digging deep into the details
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where vision remains the same but information may not be 100% available and priorities can change frequently
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and get into the weeds in order to drive impact
- Proven track record of people management, including experience managing nimble, distributed, multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally, approx. 25% of the time (post COVID)
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.