Operations Analyst - Governance, Risk & Compliance at Reddit
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Privacy is part of the Reddit DNA and we are dedicated to ensuring that our platforms, services and products are built with privacy as a core principle. We hold the privacy of our users as core to our mission at Reddit and this role will support the evolution of our risk management and compliance practices with a focus on practical and data driven decisions that enable us to support our business.
Bring your background and passion for data privacy and operations to a role to this role which will support our our privacy compliance program. You will be an operationally focused privacy specialist who can support the development of privacy focused procedures and resources.
Culture is important to us and a learning and developing mentality is vital regardless of the work assigned.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Supports Privacy compliance efforts through product and project assessment, guidance, research and development of internal processes to support Reddit Privacy initiatives
- Works collaboratively with Legal to develop Privacy guidelines and resources
- Conducts Privacy training for IT, Eng, PM teams with the goal of implementing PbD into our business and software development lifecycle,
- Assists with administering annual compliance reviews
- Reviews and analyzes existing processes and practices to mitigate privacy risk in connection with Reddits products, services and offerings.
- Supports our vendor privacy/security review process
- Provides input, makes recommendations and provides technical requirements on privacy process, tools and internal engineering projects that support data privacy and operationalization efforts.
- Conducts privacy impact assessments of programs, systems, products, and services
- Strong understanding of US and EU privacy regulations
- 3-5+ years of related experience in Privacy, Security or IT Security roles, with a focus on Privacy, Governance Risk & Compliance Operations.
- Expert understanding of GDPR and Data Protection Act (2018), and understanding of new CCPA regulatory (US)
- IAPP Certification - CIPP/E, CIPM or CIPT required and JD is a plus
- Ability to analyze and assess data privacy control capabilities and provide remediation recommendations
- Ability to work on and continuously deliver on numerous competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, technical writing, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with teams, be a thought leader, and drive innovation
- Humble expert with a sense of urgency
- Ability to roll-up your sleeves and do the heavy lifting
- Skilled at taking complex topics and making them simple
- Transparent judgment and stands behind their decisions, right or wrong
- Team focus with an ability to work in a matrixed organization