Senior Broadcast Engineer at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As a Sr Broadcast Engineer on the Media Productions team at Coinbase, you will work closely with the team to ensure all production equipment is maintained and configured to meet the needs of all live events hosted by the company. Ensuring the overall health of our audio and video technologies will be critical to making our employees more productive by enabling them to connect in a rich and meaningful way. You must excel at designing and building robust AV systems that are interconnected and globally available to support the needs of the business, as well as collaborating with cross functional teams.
In this role you will report to the Sr Manager of Media Productions, who is based in the Bay Area. The team provides the technology and IT support that makes our employees more productive including, but not limited to, video conferencing, live event support, video production, post production, digital signage, wayfinding kiosks, SaaS applications and integrations with Slack and other tools.
- Responsible for technology within the Coinbase Event, Training & Studio spaces as well as remote location setups for live events.
- The setup and configuration of new technology
- System maintenance, patching and upgrades
- Maintain access control permissions for production equipment and systems.
- Documentation and training on new technologies
- Maintain inventory and configuration documentation of production equipment.
- Broadcast Routing & Production Switcher Configurations
- Audio DSP configurations and tuning
- Managing production control stations on KVM
- Ensuring production Intercom is available at any office location.
- Management of ingest and playout devices
- Shared storage management (NAS)
- Serve as the point of contact for network related issues.
- Operate as EIC (Engineer in Charge) during high profile broadcasts
- Ability to comfortably step into other production roles as needed (Audio Console, Video Switch, Stream Eng, Cam operator, etc)
- Lead maintenance schedules and assist in the continuous improvement of our video conferencing and digital signage ecosystem to ensure a seamless experience across all offices.
- 8+ years in A/V engineering roles, specifically focused on live broadcast.
- Experience working on systems located across multiple locations (ideally globally).
- BA/BS, or relevant experience, is required.
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- Excellent communication skills. Explaining complex technical concepts to others comes easy.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.