Senior Strategy & Operations Manager, Special Operations
We’re looking for unicorns–people who can think strategically at the highest level while also understanding the bits that need to flip to follow through on the execution. A Special Ops Senior Manager has experience blending analytics and the creativity to scope and solve complex logistical problems, and the self-starter compass to start moving on to the next problem right away.
What you’ll do
- Strategize – Consistently execute on unique strategies for dasher, customer, and merchant operations across our business.
- Experiment - Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from pickup times to restaurant selection to support agent efficiency.
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of cross-marketplace programs and experiments.
- Build – Produce new business by exploring growth opportunities with new and current partners for the DoorDash Marketplace and other verticals.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Sales, BD, and Marketing teams to drive strategic initiatives and harness opportunities.
- Operate – Figure out how to get A to B–then actually make it happen.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Problem Solver – You have a talent for synthesizing complex projects, can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing process.
- Flexible Learner – You can ramp from being familiar to being an expert in a matter of days.
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve.
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company.
- Owner – You’re always looking for opportunities to better your work product and own the outcome – both the good and the bad.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions.
- 7+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Leadership experience, preferably having managed a team of at least 3 direct reports
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions) ; SQL knowledge is a plus
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 3300 cities across the US and Canada.Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.