Strategy & Business Operations - Graduate
Position at Funding Circle US
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
We have teams in London, Denver, San Francisco, Amsterdam and Berlin, we’re fusing finance and tech to build new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
Are you made to do more? Join us!
Funding Circle is seeking a passionate and highly motivated graduate-level intern to join our 10-week summer internship class and help support our growing US business. You will join the Strategy & Business Operations team which is accountable for the borrower P&L and for driving the growth of the borrower side of the business.
Birds-eye view of the role:
You will support all functional areas of the business with defined project-based work. This will/may include dedicated initiatives across our sales, commercial, marketing, strategy, operations, and partnerships teams. You will coordinate cross-functionally with other departments to research and implement business solutions. Finally, you will create suggestions based on your analysis and present to senior management at the end of your internship.
In this role you will:
- Improve existing business processes and spearhead the development of new growth areas for Funding Circle USA’s small business borrowers or investors. Activities include:
- Conducting primary and secondary market research
- Evaluating pros and cons of new product development/efficiency opportunities and prioritizing opportunities by developing quantitative business cases/financial models
- Developing new operational processes with senior management
- Provide end-to-end project management to deliver successful projects including; planning- kicking off, collaboration with internal-external stakeholders and post-implementation support
- Projects would be in the areas of sales and partnerships effectiveness, marketing strategies, commercial and strategy-related projects, and business development.
You’ve been there done this…
- Pursuing a Master's Degree or MBA from an accredited college or university and will graduate between May 2020 - August 2022
- Strong track record of leadership and accountability
- Proactive personality with the ability to work across different teams
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, team-oriented, start-up environment with demanding expectations
- Ability to multi-task and manage time independently
- Ability to communicate with and work across different teams
It would be great if you have…
- Had experience working in finance, technology or strategy consulting
- Proficiency in SQL, Microsoft Office, Salesforce, & Tableau
- Metrics-driven and analytical approach to identifying problems and solving them
- Excitement for challenging the status quo, tackling challenging and ambiguous problems, and experimenting with new approaches
- Strong interest in the financial technology sector and the growing online lending space
- Identification with our mission: “To Build a Better Financial World”
- Alignment with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand Together, Live the Adventure
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.