Customer Experience Product Manager at Cisco Meraki (Remote)
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Cisco Meraki’s Support group is a growing, global, and diverse team of highly knowledgeable and empathetic customer advisors. We strive to guide our customers to successful outcomes with a mix of critical thinking and the grit to execute the next best action.
About the role:
- Cisco Meraki is looking for a purposeful, well-organized, and influential teammate to sustain the next generation of Cisco Meraki Support as we expand to new markets and larger customers.
- Your passion for Customer Experience (CX) bundled with your appeal for technology will help you navigate the complexity of the solutions that we bring to our customers and are the tools you’ll need to be a Cisco Meraki Product Manager.
- You will be working alongside and embedded with our Support enablement and program management teams, and you’ll directly feel the positive impact that your work has on our customers!
- A typical work week might consist of:
- Putting the final touches to next year roadmap before your planned presentation to Support Leadership
- Collaborating with Cisco Marketing and CX to understand how a new Cisco offering may impact Cisco Meraki Support existing processes
- Meeting with a Support Senior Manager to get resources with special skills for a small scale proof-of-concept in collaboration with Cisco CX
- Revising backlog priorities after project delay was uncovered
50% Product Management Work
- Anticipate and identify gaps in Support customer experience with technologies sitting at the intersection of Cisco and Meraki products and services
- Discover the customer journey throughout Support and advocate for justified improvements
- Collect data to prove or disprove assumptions or possible directions and build data dashboard to track trends
- Define the vision to transform and augment the Support Customer Experience strategy, and get Senior leadership on board
- Work cross-functionally to develop strategic plans, roadmap and positioning
- Strengthen our relationship with Cisco teams to achieve agreed-upon goals, and evangelize our strategy to facilitate discussions
- Diligently build and keep up-to-date all product-related documentation including the Product Support model PRD, decisions, decks and status updates
- Author user stories and drive agile product planning
- Orchestrate initial proofs of concept and integrate findings to build a smooth, easy to scale end-to-end customer experience
30% Project Management Work
- Identify project impacts on organization, structure, processes, tools, hiring, interviewing, and people
- Employ superb written and meeting skills to quickly resolve discovered issues or perceived bottlenecks
- Bring your sharp and expansive thinking skills to brainstorm multiple approaches/solutions to complex initiatives
- Navigate trade-offs, promote the agreed-upon solution and devise delivery, communication and change management plans
- Build the tools/templates/documents to facilitate shared understanding, alignment and collaboration and expedite results
- Detect communication and knowledge gaps and connect SMEs to alleviate the pains coming from disconnected discussions
- Own the ultimate responsibility for project success by actively reviewing detailed scope, backlog and priorities
- Collaborate with every department involved in the implementation of your CX projects to expedite execution
20% Professional Development
- Stay well-versed in the latest releases of Cisco and Meraki products, services and offerings
- Find the intersection between your personal development interests and our business needs to identify side projects
- 3+ years of Customer Experience product management experience in a tech support context
- Customer empathy, but with the critical thinking needed to ask the difficult questions
- Abstract problem solver who can spot the patterns of high value customer problems
- Skilled negotiator with the ability to influence executives and other business leaders
- Data driven and analytics-based focus
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction
- Ability to dig into how complex things work, and determining how to make them simpler
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong, positive relationships with partners
- Ability to distill complicated ideas into just the right number of words and confidently present in front of audiences of all sizes and types
- Entrepreneurship, "can do" demeanor, as well as an ability and drive to make an impact
- Confirmed examples of project management work spanning technical teams (Product, UX, Support, Engineering, etc.) to deliver features/products or processes
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related degree
- Prefer experience with Support or Service organizations
- Intimate familiarity with Cisco CX, Cisco or Meraki solutions is a strong plus.
Why Cisco Meraki:
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars! We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.