PicnicHealth is all about making medical records easy to access and using data to power the next frontier of medical research. We work directly with patients to give them the only tool anywhere that truly provides all of their medical records from any doctor or healthcare system in the US—in an easy-to-use, secure online dashboard. Not only that, but patients can choose to contribute their incredibly important data to scientific research, which helps researchers accelerate breakthroughs in care. To date we’ve helped tens of thousands of patients, partnered with some of the world’s largest biopharma companies, and raised more than $35M from Felicis Ventures, Amplify Partners, Foresite Capital, Refactor Capital, and Y Combinator.
It's an exciting time to join the PicnicHealth team - we just announced our Series B raise and are growing quickly in revenue, partnerships, and people. We 3x'd our ARR two years in a row now and on track to continue this trend, building partnerships with over a dozen Life Sciences groups, including 3 of the top 6 Biopharma firms in the US. We’re going through a period of hyper-growth - we tripled the size of the team in the last 18 months and we’re looking to at least double over the next year. We have a collaborative and engaged team culture that is mission driven and excited about the technology we’re building and real solutions we’re offering patients.
We’re looking for a product leader to own our medical record and data labeling platform. You’ll be one of the first product managers on the team, reporting directly to the co-founding CTO, and helping establish the product function at PicnicHealth. You’ll be responsible for articulating the platform vision, empowering our operations team to improve our human-in-the-loop machine learning models, and enabling the research efforts of our life science partners. You’ll work with teams across PicnicHealth: Machine Learning, Operations, and Clinical Science in addition to Design and Engineering.
As the product owner for the medical records platform, you’ll have two core sets of users: our team of medical abstractors and all downstream users of labeled data. The labeled data produced by the records platform powers our research partners, clinical scientists, machine learning models, and patient product. The records platform sits at the heart of PicnicHealth and you’ll be empowered, and responsible, for setting the vision and achieving it. Ultimately, you’ll be driving our ability to scale as a business.
In this highly visible role, you will:
- Identify, prioritize, and implement improvements to our medical data labeling platform, driving key KPIs of efficiency, speed, completeness, and accuracy through UX, ML, and human behavior optimization;
- Evaluate and prioritize new platform functionality and data sources that will enable continued success for users of PicnicHealth’s data;
- Create detailed technical requirements for new platform functionality through partnership with our engineering, design, machine learning and operations teams and data stakeholders;
- Achieve buy-in from various cross-functional teams, especially those heavily involved with data and research.
You are a strong candidate if you have:
- 4+ years as a Product Manager, ideally working on a data labeling product;
- A quantitative bias, driving towards measurable outcomes;
- Strong analytics and operations background, with an obsession for efficiency;
- Worked in an excellent product organization from which to draw best practices;
- B.S. in CS, HCI, Engineering, Math, Physics or equivalent preferred;
- Background as an engineer or data scientist, with experience getting your hands dirty in product development and and training machine learning models
We expect all team members to be motivated to be amazing in their roles and, ultimately, to move the PicnicHealth mission forward.
Why join PicnicHealth?
At PicnicHealth you get to solve real problems with real solutions, great tech, and great people.
You also get:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including Health, Dental, Vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k plan
- Parental leave
- Free PicnicHealth account
- Equipment and internet funds while we're working remotely during COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, currently, all roles are remote until at least until October 2021. Once in-person work is safe for all team members, this role would be based out of our beautiful office in the Mission District of San Francisco.
Equal Opportunity Statement
PicnicHealth is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value a diverse and balanced team where everyone can belong.