Product Manager, Financial Products at Gusto
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
Gusto is looking for an entrepreneurial and creative product manager to lead the expansion of our financial products. The team is responsible for a fundamental part of Gusto’s product strategy and mission to create a world where work empowers a better life. We aim to improve the lives of employees by crafting delightful user experiences, leveraging unique moments that happen at work and solving critical problems that trouble millions of Americans.
As part of Gusto’s Financial Products Team, you’ll be responsible for developing and executing on a strategy that you craft with a team of nimble and talented designers, engineers, and PMs. You’ll build a team, a business, and a product that our customers will love and will set a new bar for the industry. If you have a passion for building impactful products and think there’s a better way to manage your money than what is currently out there, then this is the place for you!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Own and deliver complex features and products that improve the end-to-end customer experience and drive adoption of Gusto’s financial products.
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, prioritize, and define product vision and strategy
- Articulate and design customer experiences that make our users smile, while helping them abide by complicated legal and compliance constraints
- Understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch frequently
- Make smart decisions based on customer research, design sprints, and prototyping while balancing short and long term goals
- Partner and collaborate with key cross-functional stakeholders across product, design, engineering, user research, marketing, and support teams
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of consumer-facing product management experience, working closely with high functioning engineering teams
- A degree in computer science or technical background
- Past experience in Fintech is a big plus
- Have a proven track record of product launches
- Be entrepreneurial, driven, and passionate
- Be organized and advocate for design methodologies and processes
- Be sincerely empathetic and kind