Product Manager - Trust & Safety at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Trust & Safety Product team seeks to enable growth by making Upwork the most trusted and safe marketplace to get work done. We are looking for a Trust & Safety Product Manager to partner with engineering, data science, operations, finance, and analytics to build safety product features, with an initial focus on payments compliance. You’ll help build our payments compliance products from the ground up, enabling Upwork to deliver payments responsibly across 170+ countries.Your Responsibilities:
- Launch data sharing programs with our top payments partners to support identity checks and KYC
- Build systems and tools that enable our agents and analysts to efficiently and effectively surface and address payment compliance risks
- Balance the need for a seamless experience for our good users with robust detection and deterrence checks to catch and fend off bad actors
- Partner cross-functionally to build out a long term payment compliance product roadmap that meets the needs of internal and external partners and protects our customers from bad actors
- Longterm, support additional Trust and Safety Product workstreams as needed
- Experience in product management, engineering, or technology consulting
- Knowledge of risk management, trust and safety, and/or payments compliance
- Success in running multi-faceted programs from start to finish with cross-functional partners
- Proven track record in fighting bad actors in online marketplaces
- The ability to break down complex problems and derive impactful insights from data
- An obsession for generating great results with scarce resources
- Excellent communication and proven ability to influence with low ego
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. Whether you’re working from our offices in San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Chicago or are part of our globally distributed team, we’re working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. Our vibrant culture is built on a common mission and shared values. As we create economic opportunities so that people have better lives, our employees build amazing teams, put our community first and have a bias towards action. We encourage team Upwork to bring their whole selves to work through learning and development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. All that and amazing benefits too? We’ve got you covered (especially with our company favorite, Work Online Wednesdays). Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.