Product Manager, User Administration at Planet
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
As a Product Manager at Planet, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise and product vision. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire product lifecycle. This includes managing coordinating stakeholder input, product roadmap and schedules, identifying risks, and clearly communicating them to stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
You will be primarily responsible for the User Administration and Access Management layers for the world’s most extensive collection of satellite imagery. In your role, you will oversee the development of our access, metering and authentication tools. You’ll be driving the product strategy for User Access that enables a rich ecosystem of customers and partners who access our image library and satellite tasking resources. Your position is vital to the organization -- helping to ensure that our new user funnel is healthy by owning user metrics that fulfill our goal of self-serve democratized access to space imaging.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Product Strategy - Help craft a strong unified roadmap and strategy for user access management among stakeholders
- Requirements Gathering - Gather requirements from the market and clearly document within product requirements documents
- Product Roadmap - Prioritize requirements and place them in quarterly product roadmap
- Progress Tracking - Coordinate progress reporting and delivery of product features
- Efficiency - Work to keep the development teams unblocked
- Quality Assurance - Ensure a product feature meets the requirement before it is shipped
- User Engagement - Measure and report user engagement and use of product features
- User Feedback - Gather feedback on product directly from users and the Sales team, ensure this is taken into consideration in planning
- Communication - Communicate product requirements to development teams. Communicate product roadmap to company.
- Education - Ensure Sales and Marketing team understand capability and availability of the product
- Evangelize - Present and evangelize the product at industry trade shows, conferences
What You Bring:
- 2+ years as a product manager of an internet-facing technology team.
- Strong intuitive grasp on User Administration, Access and Quota/Usage paradigms
- Ability to coordinate people and technical resources across multiple areas of the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at the technical level
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- Must be energetic, creative, and self-motivated
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, engineering, math, GIS, Remote Sensing or other relevant technical field
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Compensation (For Colorado Applicants Only):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $138,600- $187,200. This role is eligible for bonus and equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.#LI-REMOTE#LI-CL1