Product Operations Manager at Mural
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
Product Operations is responsible for ensuring Product Management is equipped with the processes, tools and best practices needed to do their best work so that product delivery is set up to scale with the company. As a Product Operations Manager, you will help implement and optimize processes, communication and enablement as well as drive strategic initiatives that align to MURAL’s company objectives. This position reports to the Head of Product Operations.The specific responsibilities of each POM vary but may include the following:
- Define and streamline recurrent tasks and processes. Define and implement processes in the product org. Proactively identify gaps or bottlenecks in our current processes and playbooks. Document them and ensure every stakeholder understands what they are and how they should be used.
- Maintain frameworks and best practices resources for Product Managers. Define and maintain frameworks such as meeting guidelines and product requirements documents. Help the product teams stay on top of the latest best practices, methods, and tools by researching, and consolidating knowledge that is accessible and easy-to-consume.
- Optimize planning and communication. Streamline project status updates and release information, drive the process for planning as well as sharing insights.
- Support new hire onboarding. Define and maintain a new hire onboarding program to guarantee that new employees within Product Management get up to speed quickly.
- Develop ongoing employee training programs. Support Product Leadership to ensure all team members are developing within their teams by rolling out training initiatives.
- Drive cross functional strategic initiatives. Act as a project manager and communications lead on the highest priority projects within Product in order to ensure that strategy is clearly defined and communicated, timelines are met and relevant cross functional team members are brought in at the right times for input.
- Passion for technology
- Highly organized, detail-oriented
- Ability to drive complex, multi-disciplinary product projects
- Builds for scale and efficiency
- Self starter, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for program success
- Thrive in cross functional settings, ability to liaise between technical staff as well as business stakeholders at both the individual contributor and executive level, ability to influence and execute across groups
- Proven ability to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization without having positional authority
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve and prioritize
- Release management acumen and cross functional project management experience
- Experience in or strong understanding of Product Management as a function, direct Product Operations experience a plus but not required
- Solid experience in a high growth, highly scaled SaaS environment
- Data-driven approach to converting KPIs into metrics for the solutions you maintain, and the desire to measure, report and iterate as needed. Prior experience with analytics tools is a plus.
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.