Senior Product Manager - Catalog at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Project Catalog™ is Upwork’s newest way for businesses and independent talent to work together instantly and is part of an ongoing innovation and expansion of the Upwork experience. Project Catalog is a curated collection of pre-scoped projects easily purchased via an e-commerce click and buy experience. The Project Catalog team is rapidly growing to build this new marketplace from the ground up, and we're looking for an upbeat product manager to join our team!Responsibilities:
- Own your product area: Define and execute a strategy and roadmap to build out entirely new experiences for Upwork’s new Project Catalog offering. You’ll work within a tight-knit team to determine tradeoffs between features and speed to market. You’ll collaborate with analytics to define and analyze success metrics for product features.
- Know your market and customers: You’ll deeply understand and seek key trends in the broader landscape and the specific needs and mentalities of customers on both sides of the marketplace.
- Cross-functional execution: You’ll both lead and partner with other product managers, designers, engineers, and marketing colleagues to execute cross-product and cross-functional initiatives.
- Back up hypotheses with testing: You’ll run quantitative tests that continuously drive new insights to determine iteration and prioritization.
- Experience working as a product manager in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with building a roadmap, breaking it into experiments for testing hypotheses and working to execute with cross-functional teams.
- Deep empathy for customer needs, frustrations, and aspirations. Familiarity with crafting user experiences and their impact on conversion funnels.
- Analytical chops for running A/B tests, analyzing data, recognizing trends, and identify key levers for optimization
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with customers, peers, colleagues, and executives. You can succinctly articulate goals, progress, and priorities in written, verbal, and presentation formats.
- Experience building quality user experiences from ground up, preferably at an internet e-commerce, two-sided marketplace company
- Has an inventive and creative “do-what-it-takes” spirit, demonstrates a bias for action and the ability to make progress with limited resources.
- Flexibility to adapt to evolving goals and priorities.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.