Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is developing a pricing and market design function and is looking for an experienced professional to lead its strategic efforts.
As Sr. Director of Product, you will own pricing strategy, price implementation, how users experience and interact with paid features, and how the market is designed to align customer incentives and outcomes for the entire Upwork organization!
You will assemble and lead a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, User Researchers, Engineers, Economists, Analysts, and Pricing Strategists. In the first year in this role, you will:
- Strategically set and implement prices to drive adoption and guide customers to the right products and tools for their needs
- Optimize market design to align incentives and outcomes
- Build an ad system customers love enabling talent to win more work
- Collaborate with your peers in the Sales, Marketing, and Product organization on pricing strategy, promotions, policies, and tactics
- Drive critical metric achievement and provide regular updates to leadership
- Be the leader of your product area by advocating for the customer, owning outcomes, and driving to decisions that have a positive impact
- Manage & develop your team to prioritize, and execute on the long-term and short-term roadmaps
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research and deliver pricing recommendations that follow a logically reasoned, data-informed approach to achieve customer and business goals
- Build business cases for new monetization strategies and driving alignment across the company, including new features, policies and discounts and promotions
- Support other Product teams, sales, marketing and finance teams efforts to drive revenue and maximize profitability
- Define and monitor metrics to track business and customer success and deliver continuous improvement
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across business, design, and development teams. Raise and resolve risks or misalignment.
- Demonstrated experience in product management and in developing and implementing pricing strategies, ideally with significant experience working with online two-sided marketplaces
- Experience leading both qualitative and quantitative customer research methods
- Strong analytical abilities and executive communication
- Deep understanding of Economics principles and Econometrics. Experience building an ad platform.
- Excellent leadership of a cross-functional team, as well as ability to work with executives and across functions
- Have owned major product initiatives from idea to completion and can articulate outcomes using data and client insights
- Consistent track record in understanding customer needs, working across a variety of functional teams, developing solutions, and launching products
- Passion for Upwork and a deep appreciation of Upwork’s mission and impact.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.