Technical Product Manager, Parsec at Unity (Remote)
Parsec creates ultra-low latency, high-performance remote desktop technology that empowers creative professionals to work from anywhere, businesses to embrace flexible workplaces, and individuals to play together from anywhere. We're growing so that we can help leaders in gaming, entertainment, engineering, and architecture build the things we love, whether they're in the office or working from home. Parsec is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unity.
As the Senior Technical Product Manager for the Parsec for Teams SaaS toolset you will drive the vision and development of Parsec’s core B2B offering, centered around an administrative dashboard and a customer facing API. These products are key to Parsec’s success and revenue. Our customers range from small studios with limited technical know-how, to large enterprises with complex and tailored needs. We are looking for an experienced technical product manager who knows how to strike a balance between flexibility and simplicity, who thrives in a fast paced evolving environment, and who cares deeply about solving our customer’s problems.
This is a fully remote position.What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to collect requirements, facilitate clear communication, and develop strategic product roadmaps
- Engage with high-profile customers to develop deep empathy for their problems and needs, informing our product features and driving innovative solutions
- Write product specifications and documentation, iterating closely with designers and developers
- Embed in a top tier engineering team acting as the product owner, providing clarity on requirements and reviewing implementations
- Prioritize and own a detailed short-term product roadmap and a high level long-term backlog
- A deep technical understanding of APIs, cloud infrastructure, and cloud-native applications
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to simplify complex topics to a non-technical audience through succinct communication
- Technical product management experience with sophisticated SaaS products, deployed at scale within large enterprises
- Strong product leadership, demonstrating empathy for customer problems, creative problem solving, and data-driven decision making
- A demonstrated ability to fluently move between high level planning and low-level execution
- Experience working on, or with, IT teams, and a technical understanding of software deployment at scale
- An interest in great user experience and design
- You thrive in positive, open and collaborative, remote work environments
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.