TIP: Associate Product Manager - Social Impact at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
This is a Contract position through Upwork’s Talent Innovation Program (TIP). Our TIP team is a global group of professionals that augment Upwork’s business. Our TIP team members are located all over the world.
As an Associate Product Manager on the Social Impact team you will build experiences that guide talent toward success, educating them on the path to career growth and income stability.
In this role, you will be responsible for fostering an inclusive future of economic opportunity for talent across the globe through talent education, upskilling, and certifications. You’ll work within a tight-knit team to determine tradeoffs between features and speed to market. Not only will you partner with research, design, and engineering, but you will also collaborate with analytics, success, legal, marketing, and operations.
Your primary tasks once you begin include improving start rates through surfacing relevant resources during the onboarding experience, with an added focus on underserved populations. Example long term goals could include building integrations and reports that empower users to learn which skills are in-demand within their field.
Must Haves (Required Skills):
- Own your product area: You will analyze and find opportunities to drive traffic improvements to the getting started experiences. This includes responsibility for developing the product roadmap and designing, testing, and implementing your recommended solutions. You will also work with the Engineering team to ensure our infrastructure supports and scales with our growth.
- Be curious: Know your market and customers by seeking key trends in the broader landscape and the specific needs and mentalities of customers on both sides of the marketplace.
- Be an excellent cross-functional partner: You will both lead and partner with other product managers, designers, engineers, and researchers to execute cross-product and cross-functional initiatives.
- Experience running quantitative tests that continuously drive new insights to determine iteration and prioritization.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Creative thinking and ability to "think outside the box"
- Able to work for 4 hours overlap during PST business hours for a full time contract
Nice to Haves (Not Required):
- Product Management experience
- Background in social enterprise and/or social entrepreneurship
- Hands on experience using JIRA
- Interest in skill training and certification
- Experience working with a distributed team
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.