Enterprise Account Executive
Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 22,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to handle over 1 billion API requests per day to providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook.com, Yahoo! and more.
Nylas was founded in 2013, has offices in SF, NYC and Denver, and has raised over $30M to date from Spark Capital, 8VC, Slack, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, SV Angel and more. Nylas customers span from large enterprises such as Hyundai, Fox News Corp, Hubspot and Move.com to high-growth start-ups like Dialpad, Pipedrive, Lexicata, and Sparkpost.
Nylas Raises $16M in Series B Financing
Nylas Certified as a 2019 Great Place to Work
Nylas Named One of the Best Leadership Teams in 2019
Nylas Moves Into 944 Market Street Location
Slack Invests in Nylas Latest Round
Why are we hiring this role?
As a result of explosive growth, Nylas is looking to expand its sales team significantly. Since our first platform release in 2016 the business has experienced triple digit growth primarily as a result of a world class inbound marketing engine and the organic growth of our customers. Several vertical concentrations (HRtech, CRM, Healthcare, etc…) have formed with reusable use cases which present a clear market opportunity which we plan to make the most of. As a response we have decided to expand our Enterprise AE team , whose primary responsibility will be to convert the largest market share owners in the aforementioned verticals into new customers for Nylas.
Why Are We Hot?
- 2X revenue growth YoY
- 300+ customers including Hyundai, News Corp, Hubspot, Freshworks, Logmein, Ceridian, etc...
- 250% Net Dollar Retention (Best in Class)
- Monthly Churn 0.3% (Best in Class)
- Community of over 25,000 developers worldwide
- Product with enterprise scalability (Over 1 Billion API requests daily and 25B synced emails to date)
- $30M raised from Spark Capital, 8VC, Slack, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, SV Angel.
- 2019 Great Place to Work (GPTW)
- 2019 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
- 2019 Best Leadership Team (Comparably)
- 2019 Best CEOs (Comparably)
- 2019 Best CEOs for Diversity (Comparably)
- 2019 Best Perks and Benefits (Comparably)
- 2019 Best Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Willing to to learn a moderately complex technology and how to demonstrate that technology to prospective clients and describe key value points
- Demonstrated ability to work with a business development partner to plan your go to market strategy and execute against pipeline development goals
- Demonstrated ability to partner with a sales engineer to prepare and execute thoughtful sales cycles with an understanding on how to work to earn the technical win in parallel with the business win
- Someone willing to navigate within large target companies to find the decision maker and key stakeholders and ensure alignment in the buying process
- A thoughtful writer who sends well written, concise communication to prospects
- A keen listener who is highly curious and willing to ask as many questions as it takes to understand the prospects business needs and challenges
- An individual who over-prepares for each client interaction and who also aims to prepare anyone that will interact with a potential prospect they have uncovered so they can execute on highly effective meetings
- Someone who is passionate about understanding your prospect’s business challenges and finding a fit with our product in achieving their business goals
- Someone who embraces the use of sales productivity tools to manage themselves and their output volumes to the highest level of efficiency including salesforce.com administration, cadence creation and follow up, LinkedIn navigation and more
- Someone that is willing to put in the time and energy to master the sales presentations, demonstrations and overall value proposition.
What are the minimum set of qualifications?
Successful Enterprise AEs generally come from other software companies where they gathered 5+ years of closing experience selling to large companies in a complex solution selling type sales cycle. The ideal candidate has a history of closing transactions with an annual value of $100K or greater with cycle durations that on average can last as long as 6 months. This candidate understands how to work multiple large accounts in parallel to create a sustainable pipeline while meeting quota goals. The candidate can work effectively with dedicated resources like business development and sales engineering as well as being a strong cross functional communicator and planner with leaders from Marketing, Products and Customer Success.
- 8+ years in a full quota carrying SaaS sales role
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding quota goals
- Experience working in an outbound prospecting model with a business development counterpart
- Higher Education Degree
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits for you and your family (including One Medical membership)
- 401k, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- $100 monthly Health & Wellness benefit
- Catered lunch & Unlimited snacks
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation (mandatory 2 week consecutive vacation once per year)
- 12 weeks fully paid caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours
Nylas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us.
Our team is roughly equal by identified gender (including engineering) and focuses on creating an inclusive environment for all people. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ startup founders, college graduates from all over the country and the world, and coding academy graduates.
We are actively and regularly working with the entire team to shape our culture in a conscious way to our ideal of empowerment, transparency, and kindness.
Read Full Job Description