Manager, Solutions Architecture at Bugcrowd
Bugcrowd is the world’s #1 crowdsourced security company. Our award-winning platform combines actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the world’s most elite hackers to help leading organizations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world a safer place.
Bugcrowd is looking for a creative, enterprising, and intrinsically motivated individual to join our growing Solutions Architecture team. As a Solutions Architect, you’ll be part of a small but impactful team of individuals directly responsible for launching each and every program on the Bugcrowd platform; of which, there are a good many - and growing daily!
The Manager, Solutions Architecture role acts as the customer-facing, onboarding arm of the Customer Success team. The ideal candidate is a quick learner of complex concepts, a consummate professional, and an effective communicator with proven excellence in building cross-functional relationships. Furthermore, it heavily preferred if they have a strong understanding of common security issues and concepts such as the OWASP Top Ten, common pentesting/vulnerability assessment tools, general web/tech acumen, and a passion for delivering results. Acting as both Sherpa and Customer Advocate, the Solutions Architect role is integral in creating and articulating a clear path to success for clients, as well as providing technical guidance across a wide variety of situations.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Work effectively and independently to onboard clients - acting as a sherpa for our customers, as well as providing technical guidance for in-house Customer Success Managers, as needed. In doing this, it will be necessary to:
- Lead the customer onboarding experience, training, and recommendations of best practices for setting up and running a quality bug bounty program.
- Act as a standalone technical resource for providing program setup recommendations, as well as being able to review and speak to the content and quality of submitted vulnerabilities.
- Understand client requirements and expectations, and then be able to implement an actionable strategy for delivering a successful program that meets or exceeds the client’s standards/expectations.
- Manage client feedback by providing invaluable input, feedback, and guidance to the Product team.
- Act decisively, independently, and confidently across a wide variety and range of circumstances and situations. This role includes a large amount of autonomy in day-to-day operations and comes with a high degree of implicit trust to be able to execute with minimal supervision. To this end, it’s critical that the right candidate also is able to demonstrate complete and total ownership of any/all responsibilities related to the role.
- Provide verbose and detailed documentation for all client interactions - while also exhibiting exemplary written and verbal communication skills in both internally and externally facing capacities.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with and capable of using command line tools and utilities (Bash, SSH, grep, etc).
- Understanding of how common security testing tools are utilized and to what purposes (examples include Burp, nmap, kali, metasploit, gobuster, etc).
- Ability to explain common security vulnerabilities - at a minimum, the OWASP top ten, but ideally beyond.
- Have a rough frame of reference for how a researcher (or security professional) would typically go through attacking a given target, meaning that you’re aware of common attack vectors and methodologies in testing.
- Able to create a mental (or written) model of a target’s attack surface and understand what types of attacks would be commonly leveraged against targets of a particular genre.
- Able to work in a cross-departmental capacity that can serve as a clear source of guidance for a wide range of security and bug bounty related questions.
- Experience creating documentation and policies to support the role (blogs, collateral, etc).
- Able to independently find solutions to both technical and non-technical problems with no apparent answer (aggressive googling, stack overflow, etc).
- At least vaguely familiar with at least one scripting language (python, ruby, bash, etc) to a degree of proficiency that simple tools can be made to help automate tasks, workflow, etc.
- At Bugcrowd, we understand that diversity in the workplace is vital to a company’s success and growth. We strive to make sure that people are included and have a sense of being part of making Bugcrowd not only a great product but a great place to work.
- We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Bugcrowd feels like a family, and we strive to maintain that internally as well.
- Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers, parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, artists—you get the point.
- Bugcrowd was founded in Australia, so expect a few Aussies here in SF, as well as our Sydney office. Vegemite is in the kitchen, but consumption is optional.
- We come from all over though: there are 24 different flags currently hanging in the office representing our countries of origin.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Cool office in one of SF’s historic buildings right by the Embarcadero and Exploratorium.
- Opportunities to attend & host relevant conferences & meetups.
- Flexible vacation time.
- Exceptional medical, dental & vision coverage.
- Generous allowance to build the workstation that suits you.
- Company-sponsored off-sites and celebrations.
- Catered breakfast & lunches from local vendors to satisfy your inner foodie.
- Endless snacks and beverages to keep your brain juices flowing.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
At Bugcrowd, we are solving security threats and vulnerabilities that are relevant to everyone, therefore we believe solving these problems takes all kinds of backgrounds. We value the perspectives and experiences people from underrepresented backgrounds bring. We are a supportive & collaborative team who understand that reaching Bugcrowd’s potential depends on the happiness of the employee.
The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes and may include identity verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law and will be reviewed on a case by case circumstance.