Sales Compensation Manager
Unity Technologies is seeking a Sales Compensation Manager to provide value-add expertise to drive Unity’s global mission forward. This role is part of the People organization, and reports to the Head of Compensation & People Analytics. In general terms, the People organization empowers employees, strategizes with leaders, and builds the businesses to be successful and scalable. Within that, the Compensation team strives to innovate and drive results that help ensure Unity continues to pay and reward employees effectively.
Unity Technologies is a fast-paced company, filled with problem solvers - and the Sales Compensation Manager role is no different. You will proactively build partnerships, foster open dialogue, and provide creative solutions to issues in real time. You will lend critical analytical and technical support to the successful administration of sales compensation programs globally. You will review sales plan changes in the context of driving employee motivation and intent to stay, while also identifying global pay practices that may have impact on program effectiveness. You will own the end to end process for compensation survey participation. If you have passion around putting a critical lens to data and providing information to fuel business decisions, this role may be for you.
If you are analytically minded, has a knack for visualizing anything and everything, understands the business of people, is communication savvy, and a bit quirky. And above all - you ask questions and embark to answer them. Let's chat!
- Be a vibrant part of the Global Compensation team by supporting Unity’s global sales compensation programs including base pay, short and long-term incentives, and other reward programs
- Own sales compensation strategy & plan design process
- Build and deliver sales compensation training and communication
- Conduct market pricing analyses for sales roles across various organizations and countries to ensure internal equity, external competitiveness, and alignment to Unity’s compensation philosophy
- Build incentive compensation dashboards and reports to provide sales leadership with real-time visibility into compensation plan performance and effectiveness
- Lead/schedule/prepare Quarterly Sales comp review meetings to ensure we are incentivizing the right behaviors
- Collaborate cross functionally with HRBPs, Finance and Sales Operations to ensure commissions are paid accurately, budgets are done effectively
- Manage ad hoc compensation analyses and processes
- Assist with global compliance by ensuring local statutory requirements related to employee compensation are adhered to
- Contribute in compensation and cross-functional HR projects as needed
- Extensive experience in Sales Compensation
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines and high client expectations
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes. Comfortable working in an unstructured work environment
- Strong sense of personal accountability with the capacity to handle confidential information with discretion
- Global sales compensation and operations experience
- Worked in a fast-paced SaaS company
- BA/BS degree in quantitative fields, or equivalent practical experience
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.