Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we’re looking for:
As SDR Team Lead, you will lead, train, and grow our team of Sales Development Representatives, with the goal of getting every game onto the Skillz platform. You will be in charge of managing inbound prospects that have applied to Skillz and generating high value opportunities with the best gaming studios in the world. You and your team will be the very first touchpoint for the majority of game developers - so you have a direct and immediate impact on company growth. You will be part of the sales management team in San Francisco, reporting to the VP Sales. You are entrepreneurial, operationally minded, and can weave process and creativity together to deploy and scale sales performance across individuals and teams, with a worldwide territory.
- Recruit, lead, train, and retain a high performing team of Sales Development Representatives
- As a Player-Coach:
- Manage the Marketing Qualification Lead process for Inbound prospects, with the ability to process 1000’s of applications per month
- Manage the Sales Qualification Lead process for Outbound prospecting to generate qualified opportunities
- Set and meet Key Performance Indicators and Objectives and Key Results with the Sales leadership team
- Develop and maintain SDR best practices, pitches, and objection handling
- Work cross functionally with Sales Operations and Sales teams to reach goals
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly and quarterly SDR team goals
- 1+ years of experience as SDR Team Lead
- 2-3 years of sales development experience
- Track record of meeting and exceeding individual and team goals
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Highly proficient in Salesforce, Powerpoint and Excel
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.