Solutions Engineer at Udemy
| San Francisco
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:08 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, January 23, 2020
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Udemy is looking for a multi-talented individual with excellent communication and organization skills, knowledge and comfort with software development practices and techniques, and a passion to help businesses and other organizations become modern “learning organizations”, via Udemy for Business.
This role is technical and customer-facing. For example, you need to understand the details of an authentication protocol (e.g. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP) to help a customer debug their Single Sign-On integration with Udemy. You will also have knowledge of common identity service providers such as Microsoft Azure/AD FS, Okta, and willingness to learn about others.
The role is based in San Francisco and reports into Udemy for Business Sales Engineering organization. It will support our Sales and Customer Success teams in pre-sales and post-sales activities. It requires some flexibility to overlap with business hours of our global customers. Given the diversity of our customers, we expect the person in this role to learn quickly "on the job", picking up what is needed to get things done.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Partner with Customer Success team on the deployment of the Udemy for Business Web app with customer’s systems
- Work with customers to understand and validate technical requirements (Single Sign-On, Platform Integrations, etc.)
- Funnel customer feedback to the Product team to help shape the product roadmap
- Help with information security evaluations, occasionally responding to security questionnaires
- Respond to technical RFPs when necessary
- Contribute to the success of a rapidly changing and growing organization
We’re excited about you because you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred
- 1-2 years of engineering or solution consulting experience in a SaaS organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and track record of successfully overcoming technical and security objections; problem-solving is in your DNA
- Familiarity with IPaaS systems and API development and service integrations is a plus
- Some experience with Python (including Django), modern JS frameworks (Angular, React) is a nice to have.
- An understanding of core security concepts (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF) is a nice to have
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
The Key To Solving Future Skills Challenges
Algorithms are coming for their jobs, so workers are teaching themselves algorithms
Distractions Are Costing Companies Millions. Here's Why 66 Percent of Workers Won't Talk About It
How Soft Skills Can Help You Get Ahead in a Tech World
Read Full Job Description