Data Analyst II at Gopuff (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Gopuff is the go-to solution for customers' immediate everyday needs, from convenience items and home products to over-the-counter medications, and food and drinks. As the fastest-growing, most affordable delivery service in the market, Gopuff is open 24/7 in most areas and late at night everywhere else, to bring customers what they need, when they need it most. We're on a mission to shape the future of commerce by offering a unique combination of speed, selection, and a superior customer experience.
As a Data Analyst II at Gopuff, you'll be responsible for being a strategic ambassador between our data assets and the rest of our organization. You will be a crucial partner in ensuring the integrity, reliability, and usability of gold data products for all teams as they make critical data-driven decisions. This role sits within the Analytics Engineering team within our Tech, Product, and Design (TPD) organization. You'll have the opportunity to make a significant impact as the future success of Gopuff will largely depend on our ability to drive data-driven decisions and strategy.
Our stack currently consists of Snowflake, dbt, and Looker. If you have expertise in these tools or an appetite to learn more about them-let's chat!
- Be our go-to data expert and have a deep understanding of leveraging gold data models and assets to perform strategic analyses that help our company successfully achieve our objectives.
- Partner with product managers, engineers, data scientists, and business stakeholders to understand each team's data needs and help evangelize existing gold data assets that enable a data-driven culture.
- Collaborate with data scientists to perform deep dive ad-hoc analyses and set up A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Build aesthetically compelling and impactful presentations that drive actionable insights.
- Design and develop automated golden dashboards in Looker that drive strategic decision-making and monitoring across the organization
- Democratize and standardize both analytical methodologies and operational metrics to improve the data literacy and analytical prowess of the organization
- Empower stakeholders to become more self-service by leveraging Looker for most of their reporting needs
- Identify gaps in existing data, suggest data product specs as new features launch, and collaborate with internal teams to add and improve existing gold data offerings.
- Incorporate automation wherever possible to improve data pipelines and analyses.
- Create testing and monitoring systems to ensure data quality and observability.
- Build and maintain documentation to ensure data accessibility to all stakeholders.
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Business, Information Systems, or other quantitative discipline
- 4+ years of professional experience as an analyst writing advanced SQL queries to answer business questions in addition to building and maintaining reporting in various enterprise Business Intelligence platforms
- 1+ years of professional experience developing assets in Looker
- Ability to analyze large datasets in SQL and Python
- Excellent collaboration & communication skills to work with stakeholders to translate business needs and ideas into tractable work items.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to effectively present to the senior leadership team, board of directors, and other key stakeholders
- Top-notch organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Move fast, be a team player, always be learning, and give back
- Master's degree in Engineering, Business, Information Systems, or other quantitative discipline
- Experience and strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts, big data technologies, and analytics platforms
- Experience using dbt, Snowflake, Streamlit, github, Monte Carlo
- 2+ years of experience in e-commerce and retail
Gopuff takes pride in creative problem-solving and in-person collaboration to make quick and informed decisions. This role will have a hybrid work schedule, where you will be able to showcase your creativity and build strong relationships with teams in a cross-functional manner three days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) from one of our 8 hub locations!
Northeast: Philadelphia, PA; Boston, MA; Washington DC; New York, NY
West Coast: San Francisco, CA; Concord, CA; Seattle, WA
Miami: Aventura, FL
$95,000 - $150,900 a year
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
- Gopuff employee discount
- Career growth opportunities
- Internal rewards programs
- Annual performance appraisal and bonus
- Equity program
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it-stuff happens. But that's where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we're assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you're hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.