Senior Analyst, Customer Segmentation
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started.
We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned analyst who is data-driven and has strong analytical & technical skills. In this role, you will report to our Head of Credit Risk and will play a key role in developing the customer segments based on risk and value that would drive the limits, policies and strategy for all our current and future products. You’ll work closely with product, machine learning and analytics teams and will interact with business stakeholders across many departments
- Develop an income estimator model leveraging both internal Chime and external 3rd party data
- Analyze customer transaction activity and identify attributes that predict customer’s risk and value (as early in the customer lifecycle as possible)
- Work closely with the user research team to incorporate behavioral based member insights into the customer segmentation strategy
- Build customer segments to optimize our limits, policies and strategy and provide the best possible customer experience while minimizing losses
- Develop credit strategies for our lending and credit products based on the risk segments
- Partner with cross functional teams (Finance, Growth, Member Services etc.,.) to incorporate customer segments into their strategy/workstreams
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Finance or other quantitative discipline; Masters degree with a quantitative focus is a plus
- 4-7 years of analytical experience, preferably in a consumer or risk segmentation role at a FinTech company
- Excellent SQL programming and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in Python (or R or SAS or similar language)
- Experience working on A/B testing and building segmentation strategies
- Knowledge of regression or any of the ML techniques
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills. Should be willing to get their hands dirty and solve hard analytical problems for the business
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet aggressive deadlines while ensuring flawless execution
- Experience working in Looker or similar business intelligence tool a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A strong passion for Chime’s mission
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.