Senior Data Engineer at Lob (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable.
We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by some of the most reputable investors in tech, and we are building our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
As a proud Pledge 1% company, we’re committed to leveraging our product, partnerships, and people to drive positive social impact through Lob.org, and are on a mission to make direct mail more sustainable.
Senior Data Engineer
As a member of our Data team, you will help lay the foundation for a trusted and performant data platform that enables the entire company to make rapid data-driven decisions and ship scalable data-driven features. You will work with stakeholders across the company such as Sales, Finance, Marketing, Operations in addition to Product and Engineering.
The role includes significant autonomy towards defining problem spaces and a mandate to build viable systems that are both internally- and externally-facing. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have a large sense of ownership, grow extraordinarily in their career, and develop cross-functional skills to maximize impact in a fast-moving startup.
As the Senior Data Engineer, you’ll…
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to translate opportunities into data products.
- Exemplify high quality software engineering practices by designing, developing and operating data infrastructure and business critical pipelines at scale.
- Bring a mindset that fosters gaining the best insights from our data; help other teams identify metrics to monitor and ways to improve the quality of the data they produce and analyze.
- Champion data governance, security, privacy and retention policies to protect end users, customers and Lob.
- Support and mentor fellow engineers and data team members through collaborative processes.
What will you bring to this role…
- 5+ years data engineering, ETL, data pipeline design and architecture, big data processing systems, designing, building, and operating modern data infrastructure.
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing and operating live production systems using Redshift, DBT, Airflow, and Python.
- 4+ years of SQL experience including data modeling and data design.
- Empathy and effective communication skills: You can explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with modern batch & real-time data processing technologies.
Base: $162,500 - $202,500
Base: $152,500 - $190,000
“Lob’s salary ranges are based on market data, relative to our size, industry and stage of growth. Salary is one part of total compensation, which also includes equity, perks and competitive benefits. Salary decisions are based on many factors including geographic location, qualifications for the role, skillset, proficiency and experience level. Lob reasonably expects to pay candidates who are offered roles within the provided salary ranges.”
We offer remote working opportunities in AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IA, IL, MA, MD, MI, MN, NE, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, TX, UT, and WA, unless specified otherwise in the job description above.
If you are looking for a progressive, fun-spirited, and mentally stimulating environment, come join us at Lob!
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2022
#86 on Y Combinator's Top Private Companies List 2021
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021
2020 Inc 5000 List of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies
2019 Timmy Awards - Best Tech Workplace for Diversity, Community Favorite in the Bay Area
Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500