Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. on behalf of partner banks and facilitating over 10M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge a ton of traditional bank fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables members to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
At Chime, managing risk is extremely important. Our goal is to keep our members’ accounts safe and provide them with uninterrupted access to their money while minimizing the company’s financial risk and regulatory exposure. As a Risk Analyst, you will play a crucial role in helping us achieve both of these goals by helping create and iterate dashboards which display our member’s behavior in a meaningful and actionable manner, as well as improving our machine-learning tools to identify fraud patterns and trends by using signals and data labels with the end result of reducing the financial impact on our members and the company.
In this position you will work with closely with our Fraud and Compliance Operations teams to identify transactional signals and behaviors, create rules around the patterns of these signals and behaviors, which drive both queue creation for case review and the development of cohorts we can use to identify where the highest impact is to the business. You will also continue to refine these queues to drive automation and better identify fraudulent or non-compliant behavioral patterns and trends. Help us build the next generation of risk mitigation applications!
- Immerse yourself in our current risk and regulatory mitigation methodologies
- Partner with Risk, Compliance, Data Science, Engineering, and our third party partners to design risk systems that will enable us to proactively identify fraudulent behavior.
- Perform advanced account and transaction analysis across the Chime platform using SQL.
- Enable our Operations teams to conduct focused audits to determine if the correct decisions/resolutions were made on transaction dispute claims initiated by our members and investigated by our team, and ensure we have the correct data to initiate necessary actions to alleviate any incorrect decisions.
- Analyze errors that result in a loss to Chime to determine their root cause and identify process improvements, solutions, projects, and initiatives which will decrease these losses and improve operational efficiency across the Risk and Compliance teams
- Design, develop, and manage fraud rules and models directly and in collaboration with relevant teams.
- Own your area within Risk trending and forecasting, including the development, reporting, and visualization of key performance indicators for the Risk organization.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal teams, as you’ll work closely together.
- Advise and mentor your peers throughout Risk and Compliance with an eye towards upleveling our analytical sophistication.
- Assist in special projects and ad-hoc assignments, upon request.
- At least 3 years of experience in a Risk or Compliance Analyst role and proven proficiency with SQL and dashboarding tools like Looker and Tableau.
- Experience creating and refining rules using Visa Risk Manager a plus.
- Knowledge of Visa Claims Resolution reason codes and process a plus.
- Solid analytical skills and an understanding of how to utilize data to target improvements and solve problems.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills - you’ll need to speak with and write to internal team members and external business partners.
- Enjoy the process of solving the puzzle, not just being able to state the problem has been solved.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Up for receiving and internalizing feedback and working toward a goal to achieve desired results.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.