Senior Software Engineer, Service Engineering (Java/Web group) at RingCentral
Some people go to work...
At RingCentral, you’ll change the way the world works.
RingCentral is the global leader in cloud-based communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally powering human interaction—giving people the freedom to connect personally from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
We’re a $1.5 billion company that’s growing at 30+% annually, and we’re expanding our Engineering Team to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
As a member of the RingCentral Engineering team, you’ll solve complex, business-critical problems with elegant, user-friendly solutions that perform at massive scale. It’s a once-in-a-career chance to get your hands on the latest-and-greatest technologies and build the platform that’s reshaping the way the world communicates.
The Service Engineer will take part in investigating Web-related production issues, designing and working on solutions for production and account configuration issues. You will proactively work on Web-related production incidents and develop internal tools and frameworks to maintain and support production system sustainability. You will document JIRA tasks for production issues, work on phone coverage with service engineering teams and collaborate with operations and development teams.
- 3+ years of experience in Commercial Software Development in Java (J2SE, Java Web applications, J2EE) on Java developer or QA automation engineer position
- In-depth knowledge of Java Web services
- Understanding of complex, distributed systems
- Relational Databases and SQL (Oracle)
- Experience with Java application servers (JBOSS, Jetty)
- Good verbal and writting communication skills
- Experience with MongoDB
- Proactively address Web and Java related production escalations
- Investigate Web-related production issues
- Design solutions for production issues
- Fix production account configuration issues
- Develop internal tools and frameworks to maintain and support production system
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Operations departments